1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe a little bit too curious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheStudent, Feb 2, 2014.

1. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

Erm hello everyone this is my first ever post here so apologies if its wrong or doesn't meet the required criteria etc...
    Basically, I am a 16 year old male, I was originally attracted only to females (Despite never having a relationship with a female or anyone for that matter) but about two years ago I developed quite a big "crush" on a boy who was at my school (Now at the same college as me) this crush has only got bigger over time to the point where I now seem to only "fancy" men.
    I'm not really attracted to women any more but some days there is a slight attraction but then other days girls who my straight friends think of as being "amazing" do absolutely nothing for me.
    I think I'm more interested in having a physical and emotional relationship with a man than with a woman but I am still not really sure if I'm just curious, bisexual or gay.
    Surely if it was just a curiosity that curiosity would have faded with time and not just got stronger? But then again, if I were bisexual wouldn't I be attracted to both sexes equally?
    I hope someone can help me get my head round this.
    Thank you.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Sometimes ( more so a lot of times) people have urges! they want to experiment. We are not black & white ^^
    This is why most people "experiment" in college, to find themselves.
    I would say give it a shot, if this man is interested in men, see how it goes...
    just let him know you have these "feelings" and you are unsure about your sexuality.
    it is normal to explore your feelings, even the lesser animals do this ^^
    but much like people, sexuality isn't black & white until you explore it, then maybe you'll decide "oh I like both genders" or "I only like this gender"

before I accepted the fact that I was mentally a woman, and felt trapped... no matter how hard I tried or worked on my relationship with women they always ended up falling apart! because deep down I wasn't happy with myself, and subconsciously I would do things that pushed them away, even though I wasn't aware of it.. ya know?
    so you never know until you try, ok? ^^
    I hope I've helped ^^

3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being bi doesn't mean you're attracted to both sexes equally. More often than not, bi people lean more toward one sex than the other or might like different things about different sexes. It's not a 50/50 split.

If it was a curiosity it would probably have diminished or gone altogether after a couple of months. It's not unheard of for straight men to have gay fantasies, but rarely that frequently. Maybe you might like to experiment as long as you're honest about it with the other guy, but it seems to me like something's up if you're feeling urges to have physical and emotional relationships with real-life men. Possibly gay, possibly bi, but straight wouldn't be my first answer.

4. jargon

Agreed with samtheman on bisexuality not always being 50/50.

I can also add that in my experience, many bisexual people lean towards a particular gender when they're emotionally invested in a person of that gender. So for example I had a girlfriend for 2 years and didn't really think about men all that time. Then after we broke up I started to notice how attractive guys could be again, and had a period where I leaned more in that direction.

5. WeWillOvercome

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    O dear, yet another lad who thinks us bisexuals have to give the same attention equally to males and females. I agree with Jargon wholeheartedly. Except my condition is a bit different I suppose. I was in a relationship for a while with a man, and after a while I started to miss women....then when I was single again, I started to miss men. xD

In all honesty, personally, it varies. I could say I like men 70/30 but then come summer time and the broads are out in their short skirts and flip flops and omg cum just went errrrwhere. (sorry lol)

Have you been in a relationship with either sex since you started having the boy crush? Sometimes getting into a relationship will help you sort things out. Get a feel for a man's passion and likewise for a woman. Hell, it may even come down to "Guys are assholes, but man do I get pleasure from them"

You're 16...take your time laddy, no rush at all.

6. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

First of all thanks for the replies everyone I was worried I wouldn't get any XD
    Secondly, apologies for my ignorance towards bisexuality, I just always (Now wrongly!) assumed that it was 50/50 in most cases, so I think that I could be bi but with more of a preference towards men.
    And in reply to WeWillOvercome's question: No, I haven't been in a relationship with anyone since the crush (I haven't been in one before either) but girls just don't seem to interest me as much as boys do.
    In reply to the first reply: Unfortunately, my crush is straight so I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him my feelings for him.