1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faking heterosexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Saintly89, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Saintly89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been wondering. Do closeted individuals sometimes fake heterosexuality? Or perhaps exaggerate their heterosexual interests (as opposed to out and out fabricating them) as many gay people are not 100% exclusively same sex oriented.

I've often thought they may appear asexual by not divulging their homosexuality but also not having any pretense to something that doesn't come naturally.

I appear asexual to those I don't want to share my sexuality with. But then again I have no inward denial about being gay.

If some people do fake being straight maybe it does just as much for them as it does the people they're trying to mislead.

2. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, yeah sometimes. I mean, I kinda do it, but only around people I'm uncomfortable with sharing my sexuality. You'd only know I was gay if you ever hear me talk to some of my friends. I have faked attraction to women once though when a friend pointed out a girl with a big butt to me. All I could say was, "yeah, you're definitely right." So yeah, people do fake it, but smart people try not to over exaggerate.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do it a lot and pretend I like guys but lately I haven't been doing it as much I feel so disgusted with myself afterwards and I don't like that feeling

4. bitchstewie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I guess I do in a way. I think i'm asexual, as I don't really have any desire to have sex with anyone. Although I have only slept with women - everything works physically, but I thinking about it, I only pull women because I'm pretty good at getting them. All my mates think I'm a stud, but really if I didn't have sex again I wouldn't care.
    I've only had one proper relationship, and eventhough I didn't feel really comfortable getting intimate with her, I liked to pleasure her ie go down on her, rather than receive head. Anyway it lasted about a year before she called it off. Well I took it really really badly and ended up on medication. It wasn't about the sex though as it was a long distance relationship, and eventhough I'm confident that I was in love with her, I never had the desire to have sex. Anyway it taught me a valuable lesson, and I'll think long and hard about doing it again. I'm really quite happy being on my own!!

5. Colours

It definitely happens. Me myself, I've never faked it, I just really thought I was heterosexual and that I really did like girls in that way.

6. setnyx

i faked it so bad i became promiscuous. i wanted to be what everyone wanted me to be. i ended getting pregnant so finally i felt i tried hard enough and never felt i had to prove myself again. wouldn't give up my son though for the world

7. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know guys who, in the past before coming out, have talked about certain female actresses/singers repeatedly, had subscriptions to "18+ straight guy" magazines, etc... to keep up appearances. It does happen. Maybe they were actually reading the articles...

8. Rough Landing H

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When you have spent your whole life growing up in a homophobic environment where you have been raised to believe that it is wrong and frowned upon, you most certainly pretend to be straight, I am one of those people. Although all i've ever done with a girl is a playful kiss I know I am not straight but rather let my family down I remain in a relationship with a guy. I've been in a few relationships on and off ever since I first had feelings towards the same sex. I am happy but if I was actually true to myself things may be different but I love my family so keep them happy.

9. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having grown up in a homophobic religious environment I definitely tried to pretend to be straight, though little by little I've been trying to get away from that. I won't talk about girls unless directly asked, and even then I try to keep if very brief. I even removed the "Interested in Women" part of my Facebook a year ago just cause I felt like I was lying to myself by even having it on there.

I prefer to just not mention relationships in general because I hate lying. The thing that drives me crazy is when one of my friends is like "Hey that's a cute girl, you should ask her out!" or "Do you think she's hot?" or "You should get a girlfriend!" or (if it's my parents or grandparents) "Have you found anyone special lately?"

It drives me crazy because it would relieve me to just say "I'm GAY!!!" But the people who usually pressure me with these questions are usually the most homophobic. And I'm not in a secure enough place (in terms of finances and having a house of my own) to take the risk of coming out.

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I've never faked being heterosexual since I'm not homosexual. However, I've faked being straight ever since I became aware of what being queer is.

11. Querying

I fake heterosexuality around most of the people I am not yet out to, and I have mixed feelings about this tendency. After all, it's certainly at least partially in order to keep up appearances, but not quite as much to seem heterosexual as to seem as if nothing's changed. I used to exhibit extremely heterosexual behaviour, as I was completely secure in my sexuality. Unfortunately, all that security is gone now, but I don't want people to know that. So yeah, I continue to keep up discussions about attractive males and make sexual innuendoes at any and every opportunity. I don't know whether or not that's a good thing.

12. KiddlesP

I mostly appear asexual as well. If there is a discussion of hot girls or whatnot I will bend myself in that direction for the sake of it, but since I do not have any obvious 'gay' qualities about me I am always just assumed to be straight.

#12 KiddlesP, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014