1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do Straight Girls Do This?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Noir, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Noir

Why do some straight girls like to flirt with lesbians, even when there are no other people around to "impress," but when the lesbians try to flirt back, they recoil and say: I don't want people to get the wrong idea....:dry:

I have one or two friends who have done this to me, and it's starting to irritate me. They must know they're giving mixed signals sometimes, so why do it??:eusa_doh:

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Omg I hate that they'll flirt with you all hard core and then when your serious about it they run away like scared kittens . That's why I'm extra careful when girls flirt with me , with guys you know right off the bat there not playing around but with these straight girls you can't tell who is gay or not . It's irritating

3. jasdav

jasdav Guest

This is a question lots of girls have. Its intresting because, as stocking said, with guys, you know, but girls, not so much. And ,god, i will never understand girls, but aside from that- girls in general are more accepted when they have a fluid sexuality, and i have a really good friend who dates a guy ad i think shes straight but anyway, i was telling her how hot i thought this girl was and she agreeded that she would bang her. Its confusing. Girls are definitely more accepted for sexuality- in my opion.

4. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't experienced that yet, thank goodness (but then, not many people at my school know I'm pansexual yet), but I've never understood the mind of the girls I see as "flirty" so I have no idea what would be going through their heads.

5. Noir

I know, it's so annoying!! My best friend did it to me in high school, and now the girl I like in college is doing the same thing! This new girl almost got together with me last spring, looking like she was the one who wanted it bad from me (she made it clear she was pushing herself not to make out with me or initiate any smexy time, although we did have a little).

And now I hate it when I see her hanging out with guys one-on-one and treats me like a "bestie" or a "little sister." I hate that. It makes me sound immature because of my sexuality. "Oh, you like girls and not guys? That's so cute!" :dry:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This happened to me online not on a dating site but like some other forum site some girl messaged me saying how she was bi curious and wanted to do cyber stuff with me then when I responded back all serious she got scared and never talked to me again . I know she didn't owe me anything but I seriously hate when they do this it's like they take my sexuality as child's play and when things get all serious they run away like scared little bitches . This annoys me :tantrum:

7. theBiword

It bothers me as well when straight women "flirt" with other women. I can't tell whether they are trying to get another man's attention or just think it's acceptable. But I have pretty good gaydar. Though, sometimes it is difficult.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think most of the time they do it for men's attention

9. Klutz

I've been accused of leading people on. And flirting with everyone. I like people. I like to talk to them, and tell jokes, and make them laugh. I like being around people who are comfortable with themselves, so if I think they are being a bit shy, I'll complement something (everyone has something you can genuinely complement). People think this is flirting. To me, it isn't. It is making friends.

That being said, I don't talk about innuendo or sex until I know the directions the conversation is likely to go in.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wouldn't list this as what does girls do because most of them act very sexual in high school a girl use to do this to me but now days I see straight girls doing it to other girls and it's just down right sexual where it looks like she is very interested .

11. Noir

If this is what you do with everyone, then I agree it isn't necessarily leading people on. If you're just doing this and not actually hinting at anything sexual, I think it's just being friendly.

The girl I like is similar, being what some people would consider overly-friendly and making more of an effort to be social because her friends are everything to her. But she'll sometimes cross the line, like touching and kissing everyone at a party unless she knows for a fact that they are uncomfortable with it. She likes cuddling up to people and tackle-hugging people, etc. Even the girls! But if I even try and sit too close to her or hold her arm in public, she'll become wary of how other people view her if it can't be shrugged off as being playful or kidding around.

To be fair, though, she's struggling with her gender identity and feels she should have been born as a man. She was also (very ironically) burned by a girl in high school who she was taken with and thought might like her, but the girl completely turned her down when they were confronted about it.

12. illusorylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    yeah i totally can relate to this problem. my best friend said she was really cold and she hooked her arm around mine and we walked down the main road of London this way. she told me that for some society challenge, one of the tasks was to do what we did and ask for gay bars. i asked her if we could pull if off if we did that, and she said 'i rather do this with a handsome guy n not u'. but she sends mixed signals like hooking fingers to demonstrate how warm hers are. god i just hate it when she does these stuff

13. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Women have a more relaxed view of sexuality and hence playfully flirt with people of all sorts. Also women have more intimate friendships, I know my best friend and I practically sext but she's 100% straight, we're just playing around. Flirtation with women doesn't always indicate interest, in fact it usually doesn't. Sounds like they're just testing the water and being playful. Unfortunately if a girl says she's straight you just have to refrain from falling for the flirting.