1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eugh what to do

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by amoore658, Feb 4, 2014.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey

Yes, it's another "straight guy" love question.

But this guy I work with, we get on so well. It's like we share the same brain. We always laugh with each other. Our personalities are identical - it's unbelievable!

One thing that always happens is we always smile at each other. A good example was the other night I was out on the forecourt (work in a convenience store / filling station) and he was looking out and when we made eye contact both smiled.

It's awful, as he has a girlfriend.

Not sure what I'm asking. But it's depressing I'll probably never be with him. And in this instance, although he is attractive, it's his personality. I've never ever met someone who is so like me in so many ways (personality wise) :frowning2:

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its rare to meet someone you just naturally bond with - so I wouldn't want to suggest you cut everything off (which I wanna say to ease the future emotional rollercoaster.)

=Just be friends, Its gonna suck being friends with someone you like but just look at your choices:

1. Be really good friends and grow a great bond (but always remembering that you will never be together and watch him, get into relationship's ect.)
    2. Break the friendship off easily over time but never be able to find someone who shares that personality you adore.

3. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I want to try and keep his friendship. But it's just awful because, although he's not exceptionally good looking (I know far far FAR better looking gay guys), it's just because our personalities like...intertwine?

4. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly what you mean, I had a crush on my best friend (<--straight) for years (she wasn't even that cute) but our personalities were so perfect for each other. I really started to care for her, and decided that I had to continue my friendship with her- It lasted 3 years and I helped her threw a lot (boy problems, family, self confidence) and she helped me a lot as well, even though were no longer friends those are memories I wouldn't change for the world. It was tough (T-T) PAINFUL watching her fall in love with other people but we developed a nice platonic love for each other (very sisterly) lol.

5. katwat

It really does suck to like someone a bit more than or in a different way than you think they like you. Sorry you are hurting from this.

I am not going to be uber-positive here. Since he has a girlfriend you have to at least mark him off the "available" list on the grounds that he is taken. Even if he is questioning or bi he is still not available. If he is not 100% straight he is also not out so again not available.

I would suggest to just enjoy your friendship like you would with anyone else that was taken and not try for or hope for more. Go on with your life away from him but be his friend like you have been. If in the future he shares with you that he is interested in more then deal with it at that time. Try to remember though as long as he has a girlfriend he is still taken so be careful not to get hurt.

Good luck to you.

6. duende84

Bud, its the same thing I am going through with my one good straight friend. The exact same thing. And at first it is so hard to digest. In a way it becomes more bareable but still.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

This friend of mine was here this afternoon for a small job I have to do for him. At least I got a hug before he got in his car :icon_redf

I respect him so much that I dont want to do anything silly to screw up our friendship. But I did once tell him that I like him so very very much and that I am glad to know him.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 10:04 PM ----------

I guess its similar such as sapiosexual