1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay or bi? (Or straight haha)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wannaknowmyself, Feb 5, 2014.

1. wannaknowmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok I'm an 18 yr old guy. I've always liked girls in a romantically way but ever since puberty I've been really attracted to guys sexually. I told myself I might be gay about a month ago and it's been crazy confusing since. I now accept that I am into guys sexually but I can't completely call myself gay. To make things worse I think I'm in love with a friend, who is a girl. It's all platonically though as I can't think of her sexually. I can imagine myself in a relationship with her but not having sex with her as I can with most hot guys. I still think she's beautiful on the inside and outside. I have reached the conclusion I would be okay with being gay, I actually would just like to know if I am. Am I bi, gay, or maybe just straight with weird fantasies with guys?

2. jargon

Well first off, to confirm your suspicions, you're probably NOT straight with weird fantasies about guys haha.

As for women, I can't judge from your one female friend alone. Some people just have best friends who they'd never want to get frisky with. But I presume from the fact that you haven't mentioned it that you don't really feel sexual attraction to any other females either? If that's the case, then you can probably go ahead and identify as "gay."

Lots of people on this site also distinguish between romantic and sexual orientation. So for example, you could be "homosexual, heteroromantic" - meaning that you're sexually attracted to the same-sex and romantically attracted to the opposite-sex. I won't go too far into detail about that (partly because its not something I have personal experience with, partly because you can look it up easily enough on this site or elsewhere), but I will say that if you generally don't feel sexual attraction to women, then seeking relationships with other guys is probably going to be a much more satisfying route for you overall.

3. laxdude

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like I'm in the same situation as you. I find myself attracted to girls but not in as much of a sexual manner as guys. It seems like the more I think about it the more confused I get though.