1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Revelation that gave me some space to breathe

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BlueSkie, Feb 7, 2014.

1. BlueSkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Every time I've considered whether or not I am a lesbian I kind of start to panic. Even though I'm pretty sure my parents would be very excepting I had this feeling that no one would be jumping up and down for joy crying "Oh my gosh I can't believe it! This is the best thing that ever happened!" In other words, I felt like I might be losing something, a future with a family, with kids, with community acceptance. Then one evening while I was getting ready for bed the thought hit me: if I am indeed gay, maybe there is some wonderful woman out there just waiting for me to realize it. Maybe she would be the one jumping up and down thrilled that I figured it out. I'm still not sure, but just the thought that someone might be, not just excepting, but thrilled, lowered my anxiety some and gave me some emotional space to say "okay, I can think about this". I'm still scared, but also a little excited that maybe I might find myself. It wouldn't change ME; Just because I don't feel like I fit into what the stereotype "lesbian" is doesn't matter. I'm me. I wouldn't have to change.

Just thought I would share :slight_smile:

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, nice! Thanks for sharing :icon_bigg

3. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is really mature of you :slight_smile:

4. IJustWantToLove

This conjured a smile on my face, thanks for sharing =)

5. setnyx

thanks for sharing and a family and kids aren't out of reach because someone is lesbian/gay ect. anymore.