1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book Recommendations for those who are Questioning?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BlueSkie, Feb 8, 2014.

1. BlueSkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering if any of you have any book recommendations for me. I am a 27 year old female who is questioning my sexuality. Ideally the book would be available for kindle for maximum privacy. I've tried looking on amazon but I just don't have any knowledge about who is reputable or useful. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really know of a good book for people who are questioning. However one of my favorite lesbian books would be Annie on my mind. It's a great book.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They should make a book like that it would save half us, the trouble lol

4. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Why do u say it (Anne) is a good book for those who question (Because I question)? As far as books...maybe start by just ordering old lesbian pulp fiction. They are cheap, well written, interesting, and in a way classy.

#4 frkn frk, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Openly Straight, Out Of The Pocket, The Things They Tell Us. Three great coming of age gay novels. Helped me ^_^

6. wanderinggirl

"The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks." It sounds ridiculous BUT HEAR ME OUT. I came out to myself at 24 and kept getting hung up on the prospect of learning how to have sex with a whole different body. I repeatedly got overhwelmed and ran back into the closet to hide among the coats. This book is aimed at easing this curiosity/experimentation phase that many girls experience, gay or straight. The author dated a woman for 8 months and then realized she was more into men, which I find gives her an interesting perspective. Anyways, she's got some wise words on the subject.

Another book I recommend is "Sexual Fluidity" by Lisa Diamond.

Also I recommend the show Lip Service. That helped uh, clear things up a bit...