1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questioning my sexuality ... why haven't I sorted this out yet?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by uniquename2, Feb 8, 2014.

1. uniquename2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. I'm 37 and currently obsessed with trying to pin down and label my sexuality. I was with a woman when I was about 20 ... I'd adored her for years them we were together for a few weeks but she decided (after talking to her mother!) That she was straight. I still feel the pain of that 'break up' much more intensely than subsequent relationships with males. I've ņot been with another woman .. But I think that's mainly because I've just not been around non-straight women. I get massive crushes on women. This most recent sexuality questioning had been triggered by feeling ridiculously attracted to a woman at work. I can't stop thinking about her. But I've just had relationships with men for years. Mostly though is initiated by them, and a relationship follows what I was quite happy with as a platonic relationship. I've not tended to be physically attracted to my male partners - sexual attraction is kind of irrelevant to me. But I've loved them I suppose. But I just don't know if straight women find men attractive? I know that sounds like a stupid question ... I don't know though. In situations where someone pays a 'hot'guy, I found them quite repugnant most of the time. That said I do think some men are attractive but I don't know if I'm aroused by them. Isn't it just the car that women are more attractive though? I just assumed that that's a given and nothing to do with sexuality. Im currently single ... Just because I don't think I can do relationships. So I don't know went is bothering me trying to figure out if I have an orientation. I mean what do I Do about it? Is still never meet anyone, let alone a woman who likes women ... But if I *really* was bi or lesbian I should know by now right? ? I'm too old and souls have figured out all out. I Was sure I was a lesbian when I was 20. But I think I went against that when

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2014 at 04:11 PM ----------

... sorry hadnt finished. .. anyway after my gf broke my heart at 20 I just ended up with guys. Mostly unattractive ones! So maybe I'm bisexual ... But I feel that's a weird in between category to be in. I don't know if I've made sense. I just think I should *know* what my sexuality is and want to understand more about what same and other sex attraction and arousal is like - what questions should I ask myself to try figure this out more?