1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Female confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by august9708, Feb 11, 2014.

1. august9708

august9708 Guest

Since I was in college, I've been sexually attracted to women, but I love men just the same. At that time I was in a relationship with a man that I loved and cared about. He was everything to me and all I wanted for so long, but one day I saw a beautiful woman all that changed. There were times when I saw an attractive woman and I could not help myself to look at her longer than usual. For so long I have suppress these feelings because part of me could not understand why I felt this way. I do not believe I was born like this, I believe that somewhere or sometime in my past women started to look different in my eyes. I have never been with a woman, but more and more I am curious to the idea. Most days it feels like a itch I cannot scratch, a loud sound I cannot turn off, or hunger I cannot satisfy. I am not sure what will happen, but I know this is important for me to explore and experience. I live in a southern state so finding a woman who like me in that way is like finding a needle in a haystack. I am so confused, scare, and anxious that someone I know will figure out my secret and that I will disappoint and embarrass my family. I tried dating guys to feel that void, but I feel like if I do not explore this I cannot more on.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Iamlost

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ! So , one thing that may help you alot is to organize and litteraly write your feelings . Devide in physicall and emotional attraction . Ask yourself : "What do i feel atratctive on men that i don't feel in women" , "What do i feel atratctive on women that i don't feel in men" ," How i would feel about being with a guy and with a girl ( emmotionaly )" . You have to remember that depends what is most important for you , if you think that you would care more about : the physical attraction or emotional . Try to imagine how situations would be , it clears alot of things and organizes your mind ! It helped alot for me , i still kinda lost , but it made me to find what is making me struggle , instead of being confused on a mind roller coaster . I think , with what you said , that you're phyisically atracted to women and emotionaly to men , but i think that you haven't imagine yourself with a girl , i mean , emotionaly , ignoring the physical aspect . Good luck , remember that you can like both , more men in some aspects , more women in some , etc . And don't let the society build homophobic toughts on ur mind , because there isn't real reasons that say that not being straight is worong . Its all the same thing . Be happy and dont let another people make your mind .

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just do what feels right! Don't worry about anyone else, a good way is to come out to your family (I suggest once your 100% positive about your sexuality) but anyways Its your life!
    Im all for you exploring and finding a women to date. I suggest lesbian clubs/bars, online, lgbt community groups ect. You just have to look around and youll eventually find someone!

4. wanderinggirl

I definitely relate to that feeling of "an itch you cannot scratch". Like more than a curiosity, but this gut feeling like you'd be missing out on the greatest experience in life if you never try it.

I don't know much about navigating a homophobic environment while trying to date girls, but I would start at your local LGBT group if there is one. I started coming to meetings before I knew 100% what was going on with me, just that I had this one crush and I didn't know what it meant. But the promise of anonymity helped coax me out of my comfort zone a bit and I got the support I needed.

Hope that helps.

5. Karabeara

How dont know how you could find a girl but just examine if you like girls first. Or vice versa once you know about one you can examine the other.