1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I somehow can't accept myself as gay .

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Iamlost, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Iamlost

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [First of all , my english is not very good , so sorry about that]
    Hey , my name is Daniel , i am 16yo and i've known that i am gay since i was like 3yo ( yes , 3 , not 13 ) . I remember myself having some "different feelings" ( attraction , something that when you are so so old you don't know waht it is , but you realize as you get older ) on guys when i was very very very young , i just didn't know what it was and never cared about it . I never , in my entire life , had a SEXUAL atracttion to girls , i sometimes , when i waas like 8 ~ 11 i had an emmotional crush on girls , but i don't know if i had that because the soceiety ( at the time , friends ) was trying to show me that it was a thing that i had to do , and just followed that , but as i said , only emotional crushes . These ones were very different than my crushes on boys . I've always felt something very different on guys that i don't on girls , that is physicall attraction ( as i said , since 3 ) and after some time ( 14yo ) emmotional crushes ( then , my emmotional crushes on girls kinda disappered , because at that age i started to feel something that i saw on guys that i didn't on girls , that are like ( here comes one thing that i've being struggling SO HARD for the past 2 months , i don't know if this really exists or society built up my mind a way that i started to thing that ONLY boys can provide it ) safety , "equality" ( let me explain it : i feel like if i had a girlfriend , i would be the guys that makes her safe , confortable , someone that somehow , WITHOUT wanting to be sexist , i would be the one who "cares" ( in the meaning of making her safe , warm , etc ) , deal with all her small girly tantrums ... i feel like if i had a boyfriend everything would be more equal ,and i am not saying that there isn't any type of positioning in some gay relationships , because are , but i think that it would be so smaller and ye . ( i feel like i can't "take care" about someone , i must feel "safe" ona relationship and i can't feel safe with a girl ) [ HERE IS A BIG TROUBLE : If i think on the essence of it , ignoring all the society things that they put in our minds , men and woman ARE the same . But somehow i feel like i would never be confortable with a girl , i would not feel safe and that there is someone that i could hug and that someone be someone that i can thrust and feel safe . It is TOO complex , let me know what you think about it , i don't know if it really exists , or if it is just something that society built on my mind , i am just so lost on this topic . I feel like there is some hormonal/genetical thing that makes man be mostly the one who "takes care" . I think that it looks so sexist , but i don't know , i feel it and i wont lie because lie in here is pointless ( i dont think , really dont belive , that there is a active difference on man and woman . When saying active , i say that there isn't that thing that the man is who drives , tho works , and woman who cooks , who takes care of children . Just saying it , BUT , as i said for the 5th time , i can't imagine myself "safe" and confortable with a girl .

Another thing is that i felt that i had to be all girly etc ( i kinda wanted to be , but wouldn't be confortable ) to be happy and do not "arrest" my feelings , but i felt like is better to be like i want the person . I mean , i think some type of guy hot , and i would be like that . I am saying that because i wouldn't like to date girly boys ( i said i wouldn't like to DATE , not saying that i have something against , because it would be so stupid : be gay and hate gay people , just making it clear ) , so i won't be girly . As i said before , one thing that i like is equality on relationships , and it i feel like if i was girly , i would't like to have a effeminate boyfriend because i just don't find it attractive , but i woulnt like to have a non affeminate because it wouldnt be equal . So i kinda decided to be like what i think that is hot, so i can feel well about my self and feel well on relatonships c: .

Talking now about physicall attraction , i always had ALOT more on guys than on girls , i can say that i am 99% physically gay (1% because it still a human , there is someway that i have a small attraction to it , i can't really imagine but should be ) . I already tried ( not with the intention to change , just to know what i really felt ) to feel attraction to girls , but never happened .

So , about coming out , i already came out , it was very good at the time , EVERYONE that i know accepted it 100% , all my friends and family were supportive with it . Here comes another thing that made one day TERRIBLE : i asked to my mom what was my dad reaction when she said that i was gay ( ye , i asked my mom to tell him . I told her when i was 13 and she didn't tell anyone ) , then he said that "i always were against all his toughts and liking " . I kinda agreed with it , not because i consciously remember today to do it , but i don't know if i did this on my nature to do not like anything that he does ( he likes soccer , I HATE IT . He likes sports , I HATE IT ) , this since i was a pretty young boy . But this is another thing that made me think : I dont know if i went against him because i didn't like him , or i didn't lie him because he kinda forced to me to like what i didn't . Another thing : my real fear about it , is like ( IF I AM GAY BECAUSE I WENT AGAINST HIM BECUASE OF MY NATURE ) i devaloped a "gay sexual/emotional" attraction , i make it disappear at the time just because i know it , and because straight or assexual , because i don't knwo if is possible , without any psychologic exercise , just for the fact of knowing the reason of one feeling , it disappear (the problem is if today i like boys , then i have a boyfrind have a beatiful life , then one day all that attraction disappear. THen my life turns into sh*t ) BUUUUUUUUUUUT here comes one thing that made me change my opinion on it : Remember that i said that i had PHYSICAL attraction to boys when i was 3yo ( i remember when i was on a resort i feel some kind of attraction on a guy there ) , so , i asked to my psychologist and it said that is almost impossible to a child , that has a innocent brain , that doesn't know that sex exists , how it is , that is based on a group of attractions and feelings , connect the fact that if a guy has a physical attraction to a boy , it would make it don't be with girls . My dad always someway directed me to girls , saying "look at that one" , "this one is cute 4 u" . I think that the thing of me don't liking him so much comes because he forced somthing that i didn't like .

Another thing is that i don't feel confortable being gay . I feel kinda "disgusted" to see myself with a guy , but feel jalous when seeing a happy gay couple . I am almost sure that it exists because society is homophobic and build that "being gay is not right" and that it is something that will disappear when i start knowing more gay people and realizing that there ISN'T this problem about being gay , i think that i am gonna see that it is the same thing . But i still lost about it , not very confident .

These are the things that made me realize that i am gay , but lost these days :I feel emotionaly attracted to men , but i dont know if i feel it becuase it exists or because i think that just men can provide "safety" ( etc etc etc i said it all ) and weman not . That my "proof why am gay" thing about my dad that is almost "solved" on my mind , that it is just something that doesn't exists , but needs to be almost 100% of surety to make it vanish from my mind . I did't say , but i NEVER dated a girl/boy , NEVER kissed a girl/guy . Thanks for reading it all and hope you help me . Bye !

2. Skov

Hello and welcome!

I have a few thoughts on your situation. I do think that you are gay based off of the information that you have given. I also would like to congratulate you on coming out. It is a very brave thing to do.

I do know what you mean about society building up an "ideal" relationship. I struggled with thoughts similar to yours, but I realized that I am gay because I have a physical and emotional attraction to other guys. It wasn't necessarily because I felt "safe" around guys. I was actually very uncomfortable around other guys because I knew deep down that something was different if that makes sense.

I think that with time the idea of having a boyfriend gets easier. I know when I first realized I was gay I thought I could never date a guy. I thought that because that was how society trained me growing up.

Also, don't worry about trying to prove anything to your parents or anyone else. You can't necessarily prove sexual attraction to someone else, you just feel it and know it yourself.

Hope this helps!

3. Iamlost

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the awnser ! Yes , sometimes i tought that is better to just stop thinking so much and just follow what i feel , but it is hard because i am person that wants "the true" from everything . But i am starting to realize that life is short to try to discover a thing that i am never be able to know 100 % ! Think about it : i could have some toughts about a fact , but after some months they could change , and i cant know if they will change or not . It looks that i am ok with that now , but is hard to accept the fact that i am doing something ( prefeer emotionaly guys than women ) that could be the same thing ! But , as you said , i feel deep down that i emmotionaly like boys and feel unconfortable with girls too . I think that the fact of me having alot of more sexual attraction to boys ( almost 0 to girls ) shows that i wouldnt be happy if i was dating a girl anyways .

Again , thanks fort the awnser , helped !