1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i don't know what to call myself..?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by daisy6, Feb 13, 2014.

1. daisy6

my entire life, i have identified myself as straight. i was even engaged to a guy once. i have always been friends with many gay, trans and lesbian people, so that is all completely "normal" to me, as it may not be with some. never have i, until recently though, given any sort of serious thought to being with a woman. i did once have an experimental sexual experience with another girl. i didn't have any sorr of problem with it, although i wasn't very into it. i never thought i would really think about it after that, but i find myself considering it more and more now. and not just the sexual side, but emotional and relationship aspects as well. she was a close friend of mine, so i think that may be why it was a bit uncomfortable.

i have been single now for almost a year. i just joined a dating site and find myself getting so bored with all of the men i've been chatting with. i fine myself constantly checking out other womens' profiles and giving serious thought to being in a lesbian relationship. i also find myself more attracted to women than usual. part of me is afraid that i am just trying to fill some sort of void, and that that is why this is an option in my head right now. but i think i may be bisexual at best? i think girls do think about these things once in a while, but i have been WAY more than usual, and find myself thinking seriously about being with a woman on a regular basis.

i don't even know where i would begin, though. i'm afraid that i would come off as stupid or even insulting to another woman if i were even to just go on a date with her. if she knew i was unsure about my sexual orientation or something...honestly, there could be a possibility i may completely embrace it, but i could also be completely uncomfortable and change my mind. i really have no idea how this works or what i am doing.

i guess what i am trying to say is that i am freaked out and confused and don't know what the first step would be to even find out how i really feel...i would really appreciate any sort of advice or input, especially from somebody who has maybe been in the same sort of position as me.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I would try a date with a woman, because that is what a date is for ^^ it'll give you some insight to see if you like being with other women, you don't have to do anything serious on the date, I think it will help find out what you like and maybe answer some questions you may have about yourself.