1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Somethingiguess, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Somethingiguess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 15, girl, and last year I started questioning my sexual orientation when a relationship (with a boy) didn't work out. I was just awkward in dating situations with boys, so I thought that maybe I was gay. I was open to the possibility, and gave it some thought. I started to talk about it with one of my friends but then just freaked and told her I had just made a mistake and I was straight and continued with life for a few months, considering myself straight. But then I started questioning again. Don't get me wrong, boys can be VERY nice looking and i am definitely attracted them, no question. But I found myself starting to look at girls and think "hey, they're pretty nice looking." I honestly have no idea what to identify as because I've never been with a girl so I don't know if I could have a relationship with one, but I still find myself thinking about girls. I don't really think about them more than boys though. I think I might have a crush on a girl at the moment, but I really don't know and am very confused and stressed about this. I don't have anyone that I know that is gay/bi to talk about this with and even if there was I'm not sure I would have the courage to talk to them. I would really appreciate any advice from anybody in the LGBTQ community that could help me in anyway. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awww im sorry you're going through this stressful moment. From what you're saying, it seems like you just might be bi. You're attracted to boys and girls. And that is absolutely ok. I know it's not easy to go through this, especially by yourself. Maybe if you start talking about it more, it can help you to sort out things :slight_smile: It's good that you came in here because there are a lot of people going through the same thing as you are. Dont feel scared. As for your crush, why dont you tell me more about her? You dont have to if you dont want to of course. It's just that in my experience, its really helpful to talk about it with others instead of trying to figure it all out in ur head. Im here if you need anything and please feel free to ask any questions. I love to help. If I had to give a take-away message, I would say follow your heart; it will never lead you wrong. And if you feel like ur heart is confused, maybe its ur mind messing with it hehe. I hope this was helpful :slight_smile: