1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused on who I am...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stephaniex, Feb 15, 2014.

1. stephaniex

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've been struggling with finding out what my sexual orientation is for a few years now. I used to identify as bisexual but I don't know if I exactly fit into that. To me, the whole labeling of who you like is not necessary so I never really put too much thought into it but it's hard to explain to friends that ask.

I grew up liking boys. It wasn't until freshman year of high school when I realized that I could possibly like girls too (when I developed feelings for my bi friend). I'm 18 now, and I've never been in a serious relationship so that definitely makes it more difficult to decide for me. I know I like girls, I can easily develop feelings for them or look at other girls and find them attractive sexually. It's boys that I have a problem with now. I very rarely develop feelings for guys... literally only liked a handful of guys my whole life. I've had problems with boys in the past - my only boyfriend I had cheated on with after having sex with a girl a week we were together, and I've dealt with sexual assault growing up, which I feel may have possibly destroyed my relationships with boys. The thought of having sex with a male turns me on (virgin, so I wouldn't know), but having a guy touch me makes me cringe. I just don't know if I could ever be with a guy if this always happens. I don't feel comfortable around boys, and ideally I'd want to be with a girl in a relationship if I had a choice. I just don't understand it.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be that you are attracted to both but because of the things that happened in your past when it comes to a boy touching you your mind just thinks of the bad things and so it's not enjoyable.
    My advice would be to go with the flow and see how you become attracted to, it sounds to me like it might well be a girl, but if it's a guy and you really like him then you may feel differently and you may be able to work through any problems that arise.

3. DoNotTell1987

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would simply say bisexual. I have had relationships with men... My last ending horribly. Since then I have felt NO attraction to men... (Except once... Hot police officer at my door but even that was only a physical attraction). I too now cringe at the thought of a male touching me.. I find it easier to tell people bisexual because then later on if I meet someone I am really into... They can't say "I thought you were lesbian?!" If I was to meet a guy.