1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jjlincoln22, Feb 15, 2014.

1. jjlincoln22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 22 year old university student who has never questioned my sexuality until recently. I've always liked boys and never even thought about girls in anyway other than friends. Recently my friends got a new house mate and I'm so attracted to her, like I really really fancy her. Since this I've just stopped even noticing boys and realised that I'm really attracted to girls and it is so scary because I've never thought I was bi or gay or anything other than straight. The problem is now I am so confused it is an actual joke, like I don't have anyone to talk to about it because I can't deal with judgement and gossip, it's all just so overwhelming. I've also never 'been' with a girl before like I have kissed friends and stuff as dares or just for lols. Anyway I have rambled enough any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, for some people, they kind of realise their sexuality on their own or it just clicks for them. For others, someone else helps them to realise that. You're attracted to this girl and now you're attracted to other girls maybe because the fact that she's a girl has caused something to click in your mind. But also, you might just be noticing other girls because of this one girl, and being attracting to one girl doesn't necessarily make you bisexual.

I wouldn't worry about it; I know it can be confusing, but you are who you are. For the time being, I'd say just give it time and see what happens. Maybe your feelings will change again, maybe you'll feel like this is who you are all along. Time will be able to help you make sense of it.