1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I really know??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KBe, Feb 15, 2014.

1. KBe

KBe

I'm nearly 21. I've never been in any kind of relationship or even so much as been on a date other than like a dance. I feel like I'm attracted to a certain type of woman naturally but I feel like I have always had this almost scientific approach to convincing myself to have a thing for guys when my friends asked. Usually the guys I end up having a thing for are my really close friends who I've known for a while and like being around which I feel like could just be me convincing myself that since I "have" to spend the rest of my life they would be okay. My question is can I even be completely sure if I'm gay/bi/whatever without having been in any kind of relationship? I know some people can, obviously, but I'm afraid I just don't know what I'm talking about. At least that's what my mom would say. If you have any advice, I'd appreciate it.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you can know. Straight people usually know they are straight without being in a relationship so why can't you. It's normal to be a little unsure but if you know you just know.

3. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, you can. I think a lot of people can be sure of it without dating or having relationships, just like a lot of people who date or have relationships can get confused. I have had a bit of a relationship, so I'm not entirely in the same boat as you, but I was sure of my sexuality before I had any experiences like that.

It's more about just becoming comfortable and more sure of how you feel, and for some people that takes more time than with others.

4. KBe

KBe

Thanks for the help. I think maybe I'm the latter. But everything in its time, yea?

5. lovely lesbian

It does take time to work who you are and feeling like that is who you are if that makes sense probably not lol sorry