1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual maybe? :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DissolvedInk, Feb 15, 2014.

1. DissolvedInk

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, lately I've come to realize that unless they're a fake person (like... from anime or something) I don't like to think of someone naked or doing sexual things with anyone at all. Even if I'm dating them. Am I Asexual? I still have some sort of sex drive, but it just doesn't seem like its towards other people. Is that considered asexual? I'm just a bit confused about it I suppose, and would like some guidance.
    Can you be both pansexual and asexual?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Maybe you are panromantic asexual?

3. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went through a phase where I was attracted to anime or video game guys and sometimes anime or video game women. I couldn't picture having sex with any real person. (I know I seem old for that to happen, but it did.)

I had an online relationship with a guy for a while, and then more recently I got a crush on a male celebrity who is a real person and I definitely like picturing being with him, but it's still pretty hard for me to picture having sex with anybody I know or could actually meet. But I hardly ever date so I don't know how that would work out if I did. (I definitely did not want to have sex with the last guy I had a date with and in fact the idea repulsed me, but that was just one guy.)

I personally am sure I'm not asexual because of my own life but of course that doesn't mean you're not. But I wouldn't jump to any conclusions either way right away.

Edit: I just realized I mentioned my age but my age doesn't show under my name. I'm 46 right now.

#3 womaninamber, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm panromantic demisexual. I only actually want to have sex with someone I have a bond with and even then it's very rare. I just have no desire for it. So you could very well be panromantic asexual, like Fallingdown7 said.

5. SeventySeven77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm more gay then straight, that's why I label myself as gay but I'm really bisexual. Due to the fact my bipolar interrupts my sexuality somethings and I also have days where I don't like anyone sexually, just mentally which can bring out sexual arousal. If I didn't have bipolar, I would be completely gay and most bipolar disorders are mood disorders. I'm not saying you're bipolar, this is myself. There is also demisexual, bi-asexual and probably more.

6. Au.Quicksilver

That's what I was thinking

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say that's more of a fetish orientation rather than asexual, personally. Which is OK, as long as you can be happy.

One question: how would you feel about a cosplayer dressed as your favorite anime character?