1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't tell why I'm doubtful

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fairydust, Feb 15, 2014.

1. fairydust

fairydust Guest

I don't know if it's because of my age and the whole 'it's a phase' thing, or I'm just insecure and doubtful of myself as a whole. I identify as pansexual (as you can see), but I'm scared that in a few years I'll be straight and that I'm not really attracted to females/any other gender identity after all. Because of this, it's prevented me from coming out to even the closest friends. I don't know why I'm posting this, does anyone feel the same?

2. Jencat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What you're feeling is 100000000000% normal! When I was first questioning, I thought it was just a passing wave of craziness. Even once I had settled on a label, I questioned it and felt really, really insecure. Once I came out to my two best friends, I doubted it and was afraid of my doubt. That didn't get better when I told my immediate family because I was afraid that, after all of the anxiety and effort I put into telling them all, it'd end up as a waste of time. Even now, months after all that, I occasionally wonder about it sometimes. But, I don't let it bug me and it usually goes away really fast. Plus, what goes through my brain is probably still different than what goes through yours, since everyone's different!

Sexuality is really fluid. It evolves over time. Preferences change. Tastes change. Types change. You change. Don't worry about the future - people who really love you will accept you no matter what, even if you enter a relationship that matches the traditional hetero gender binary.

Looking to the future for things like that is super stressful. Focus on and live in the now, and just strive to be yourself! You do you!

3. fairydust

fairydust Guest

Thank you times a million and one. Not only did this lift my spirits, it made me smile!