1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time sexual dreams...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MAXWELL45, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I don’t think this means I am a pervert or some horny looser, but it still stands out with me. I have never actually had sexual dreams about women, not even about my pending ex-wife. Just something I never had and never really thought about why. However, ever since I decided to face my sexuality, I have been having an increasing amount of sexual dreams about men. Not any particular man I know, but men in general. The dreams are sexual in nature, but not so much having sex as making love. The sex with man aspect of the dream does bother me. I am bi and physically attracted to men. It’s more of why am I have sexual dreams when I never had them before, not even about me pending ex-wife who I enjoy our sex life? Is this a normal part of self discovery or something in all of this?:dry:

2. Riddick

Riddick Guest

hmm peculiar... weren't you once a sex craving teenage boy with raging hormones?... How is it that you didn't have sexual dreams? (I know one major and one minor factors why you may have not had such dreams during your teenage life.) A minor fact would be that you just never really had an active imagination ... you're much older now, exploring the unknown and that part of your brain (active imagination) has matured.
    Having sexual dreams is the body's way of getting rid of excess "fluids" (E.g: a wet dream)
    It can be frustrating when you can't figure out why you have some dreams or what they mean. (you may have sex with your cousin or sibling in your dream, dreams are just out of our control.)... hope this has answered some of what you're asking.

3. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Dreams are great! They help you explore thoughts and feelings you may have been aware of and allow you a bit of freedom for your waking mind. I actually first realized I was attracted to woman because of a sex dream.

Perhaps this is your brain's way of working through your new discoveries? I wouldn't worry too much about them and suggest you just enjoy!

4. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys for your thoughts. Actually, no, I never had a sexual dream about anyone before, not even my ex wife. I know, I am strange. This is why these dreams caught me off guard as they started. Didn't know if I should be concerned or just confused. Maybe I should just enjoy them. Hmm.... interesting.

5. Sarah257

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but in my case the main times when I have had sexual dreams where when I hadn't experienced "relief" in a while. Maybe it's just your body's way of "getting what it needs" :lol: