1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to Lesbians

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JohnB, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JohnB

1st of all, I'm a dude, and most likely gay, have been liking other boys all throughout my schooling from elementary to college(Bi does seem very do-able at this point, but I did not fully come out yet, but that is for another post)

2nd, Being attracted to Lesbians, what does it mean?

I believe I am attracted to girls who are lesbians. Typical, I know, a guy into girls who kiss girls, but I believe it is deeper than that. I always was attracted to girls with short hair and were different from any other long haired girls,(not that I am implying ALL short haired girls are lesbians nor girls with long hair are not. Just what I am attracted to) but now it seems that girls with short hair AND are into other girls adds much to the attraction.

What attracts me are:
    - Short/Dyed hair.
    - MAINLY - Spunky attitude about not caring what people think about them.
    - A girl wearing boys underwear is always a given.
    - Wearing boy clothes.

Now, what kinda tears me apart, I know I cannot have them because I am not their preference, and most I know made it clear that they are only into girls. ( To be clear, I have not announced this preference to anyone before.)

I am attracted to a friend who is a lesbian, she possesses all these traits I like, and she treats me like a "bro"(not brother, just a real close friend), but lately I have been liking her, and even had a dream last night she playfully tackled me and then we kissed.

Needless to say I haven't revealed this to her nor plan to, because I do not want to mess what we have. I honestly do not see us going anywhere due to our backgrounds and circumstances. Can anyone enlighten me on this attraction to lesbians? Kinda confused.

P.S.: Sex change is not an option, already thought about it. A dude who's into dudes and a girl who's into girls couple always confused, but yet always felt right and interesting to me.

Thank you.

#1 JohnB, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If you're attracted to specifically girls that are into other girls along with those traits, maybe you can find a bisexual woman?
    I do know that you can probably find a straight woman that looks like that, but if being attracted to women is added to it then the former idea may be better.

3. JohnB

Thank you for your response, madam. :slight_smile:

4. newfish

Sounds like it could maybe be androphilia/androsexuality, but maybe with a sort of sub-category. I don't really have any idea more specific than that. I do think Fallingdown's suggestion of a bisexual woman is good.

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom has a friend who looks very dykey, but is mostly straight. Maybe you can find a girlfriend like that.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So a sex change is not an option, but is still interesting to you right?

7. JohnB

Yes, thank y'all for your responses and suggestions.

androphilia/androsexuality? sounds sexy, huh, interesting.

@Anthemic. Though I understand and respect people should do what feels right, even if it means changing their sex, but I totally believe whole heartily that people should be comfortable in their on skin and make it work. Those who do change their sexes have the right to do so and I commend them for their choice, it is just not for me. Though it crossed my mind for a few minutes, but I just don't think I'd give up what I have something I wasn't born with. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2014 at 11:51 PM ----------

Yup, today I found I have a crush on my friend, which it turns out a girl friend has revealed that she has a crush on her too. I realized today, that my friend's strong sense of confidence in who she is kind drives me and I realized now apparently in others, as well.

I fear that this may play wickedly in the future of this little crush may become an obsession. Now this crush may turn into an obsession if I do not come out soon. I totally wondered if this crush would elevate and imagined actually kissing her or something, but there are many factors which outweigh the good things that may come from a possible relationship beyond friends. One of the factors being, I am dude of course, but another one is she is one of those girls who'd like someone, but once you cross that line into a intimate thing, it will forever destroy the friendship, nothing will be the same. This obsession may increment due to a small circle of acquaintances. Friends are s hard to make when closeted.

Maybe I shall just straight up find other lesbians to become friends with and even a Bi-sexual girl.