1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting Within Myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fireheart, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For about a year now I've realized my emotional attraction to girls. I've had an emotional attraction to only one guy, but once we started dating the feelings were gone, and I never wanted to do anything with him (dates and stuff) due to lack of interest. The problem is when I think sexually, I feel like I am attracted to both the male and female body. More the male than the female. I mean I look at a girl and can find her beautiful and want to get to know her better, which eventually leads into a crush. But when It comes to guys, the sex part of men appeals more to me. Basically nothing emotional about guys. I feel I like guys more for the physical act of sex, no even their physical appearance. (here I should note I'm only 15 and don't have any plans for sex anytime soon). I also know I'm denying the liking girls.. But that is something that I'll work out with time. Labels have kinda been an issue for me lately, and its really confusing deciding if I like girls, guys, or both for an actually relationship in the future. :slight_smile: <3

2. Bibliophile

Its possible to be hetero romantic and homo/bi sexual. Take your time explore it all in the manner you feel most comfortable with. Get a few good books on the matter and mull it around. You'll find the answers in time.

3. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I never really thought of looking at it like that. I think I might be a Homo Romantic and a Bi sexual if that makes since, but I definitely have time to figure it out :icon_bigg

4. Bibliophile

I suggest doing reading on the subject and just doing some introspection. I also suggest creating yourself a cabinet of invisible counselors. Here is a link to the subject. It has greatly helped me so I hope it helps you as well.
    The Cabinet of Invisible Counselors | The Art of Manliness

5. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, I'll definitely look into it. It looks like a really interesting. Thank-you for suggesting it :slight_smile:

6. Bibliophile

Not a problem. If you are interested in women to sit on your council I suggest Joan of Arc and Margaret Thatcher. Both women I admire.
    Also Yokohama is a pretty cool place. I lived in Yokosuka Japan myself for four years with the military. Just saw it in your profile and though it was cool.

7. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I once did a paper on Joan of Arc, she is definitely a keeper. I wish I could remember Japan ( I moved when I was 2 1/2) but my parents tell me it was amazing. They lived there for four years as well, except my dad works in marketing. Also much appreciated in serving in the military, it takes a lot of courage!

8. Bibliophile

Funny I am getting into marketing for small businesses as my major. As for the military it was a job and its paying for college. I am proud of what I did but to me it was what I was paid to do. However I will say that the travel was nice.

9. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bet you had at least one experience you will remember for the rest of your life, so that makes it totally worth it, even if it was just for money (but money for a good cause) ^.^

10. Bibliophile

Oh I have a ton of memories I will never forget. A few scars and tattoos as well. However back on topic one book that might help is the Bisexual's Guide to the Universe. I will also go through my book shelves tomorrow to see if I can find other titles I think are useful for your questions.

11. Fireheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you that really means a lot to me. The community here seems so lovely. I really want to figure myself out, so I'll definitely look into the books!