1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by finderskeepers, Feb 17, 2014.

1. finderskeepers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok so I'm 17 and I've been questioning my sexuality since I was 12. I've never been in a serious relationship before but I have had crushes on both girls and guys. When I have a crush on a guy it is based more off of looks then anything. I usually think the guy is attractive but I was never really attracted to any of them(if that makes any sense) When I have a crush on a girl I am attracted to them and I feel more connected to them then any other guy I've ever had a crush on. I'm confused because even though I'm not attracted to guys I will always notice an attractive male in public but many times I never notice attractive females in public. I can picture myself happily with a girl in the future but when it comes to picturing myself with a man I am very unsure. I don't know if I over thinking everything but I've been so confused and depressed lately and this is a major factor in it. Has anybody else felt this way? :icon_sad:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think most people have at some point been totally confused and frustrated. Why don't you have a lesbian day. You don't have to tell anyone you are doing it just decide on a day, wake up in the morning and tell yourself I'm going to go about today thinking that I'm gay. Don't necessarily do anything different just do what seems natural, and see how it makes you feel.

3. finderskeepers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks that is a good idea. i will try that :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool, let me know how it goes.
    If you have any other questions just let us know and we will help if we can.

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the feeling. When I think of the future I think of a guy, and I'm really not sure when it comes to girls. When I had a girlfriend last year, there wasn't a whole lot that was different than when we were just friends. I've never had a boyfriend, so I don't really know how that would work out. But I definitely have had the same feelings you're having, and I know that they can be confusing as heck. If you want to talk sometime, send me a PM.