1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I used to be sure. But then again...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by henbitflowers, Feb 17, 2014.

1. henbitflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there, thanks for reading. Means a lot to me.
    This might get lengthy.

I used to identify as straight- a part of me still does.
    But I have been attracted to girls since at least 1st grade. (Not trying to say I wasn't born this way- that is just my first memory of it). I have always been romantically attracted towards guys though, and for the most part- I am attracted to them as well.

In 8th grade I came out as Bisexual. It made sense, because I did find myself attracted to girls after all. It didn't go well. With my mom at least, as pro-gay rights as she is, didn't really understand the definition of being bisexual.

"But you like boys..."

Yes, I do. But I think I also like girls.

What worries me, and keeps me from being certain in my sexuality is that I can't see myself being romantically attracted to girls.

My thoughts on this get complicated:
    Maybe its just the way I was raised? Maybe because I am too influenced by our culture and the social norms where I live? And if the relationship norms around me included female and female couples I wouldn't be held back?

Maybe it is just a normal reaction to how woman are so sexualized in the media. I have heard of a study of sexual orientation that showed that it was hard to even proof that a woman was straight.

Maybe I am just suppressed... maybe I haven't met the right girl?

I just don't want to fall into my bad habit of just doing what is expected of me. I am working on paying attention to how I feel and what I want to do, rather than what I feel like I should be doing.

LONG STORY SHORT
    definitely sexually attracted to women, however I don't feel romantically attracted to them
    pretty sexually attracted to guys, really romantically attracted to them

Thanks for reading.

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

you could be a hetero romantic bisexual or you just lean towards boys