1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, A Phase, Or...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ETCA, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, everyone! I'm new to this site! I found it a few weeks ago, but I'm a completely new member, so I'm still trying to get the feel of things. But down to business.

I really only started questioning my sexuality about six months ago. I'm a teen, not that old but pretty mature for my age, so I'm still in that stage where everyone starts noticing each other and decides cooties aren't an epidemic that will destroy the human race as we know it.

Anyways, I started questioning myself during the beginning of fall. Strangely enough, it was at soccer practice. I was watching one of my teammates score a goal yet again, when I thought: "Hey, I didn't notice until now, but she's pretty cute."

After that I started noticing the relationships and girls around me.

I've never been someone who was really interested in relationships before. To me, they were just kind of a stupid past time that ended after a few days or weeks, and some a few months. I just wasn't that interested in people in general, male or female. I had a crush on a boy once, in sixth grade that only lasted a week or two, and then I actually started hating him after I realized how much of a jerk he was. Otherwise, most boys just seem unlikable to me, and the ones who are likable, I've never had an inkling of feelings for.

Not to mention, I've always been kind of tomboyish. I hate wearing dresses, skirts, and short shorts. I have short hair and I hate gossip and drama and all the other girl stuff that happens at my age. Sometimes, I can imagine myself as a guy, but inside I've always identified as a girl.

Well, a few weeks ago, I started developing feelings for one of my basketball teammates. We hang out at school every once in a while, but we're not exactly best friends. But I love being around her when I can be. She's beautiful, funny, and just so dang cute.

So I'm wondering... Am I overthinking all of this? Is it just a phase? I've never been in a relationship before, so how would I know? Could I be bi? Or maybe just lonely?

Looking forward to any advice anyone can give! :icon_bigg

2. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it's definitely possible that you're bisexual/lesbian. I'd never been in a relationship when I started having feelings for other guys, but I still managed to figure it out. If you think your feelings for her go deeper than friendship, then you might well have a crush on her. But it's also possible that you're just developing a close friendship with her. Just give it some time and see where things go. If the feelings get stronger, well, then you're bi/gay.

I hope this helps. I was in the same situation with a guy I met at a swim meet, and it just took some time for me to figure out where my feelings for him were going.

3. thegay

thegay Guest

World, Europe, United Kingdom, Britain, England
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are posibly bisexual or lesbian, you are more likely yo be bi because you had a crush on a boy. Pluss ask her to be your girlfriend some people never think about there sexuality like my boy freind he acts kinda camp but just never reviewed his sexuality.