1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really not sure if straight.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Alexandra18, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Alexandra18

okay, here goes.

Over the past six months now i have been thinking about what my sexuality is. Here are some of the reasons as to why i started to doubt myself.

I always enjoyed lesbian romantic movies, especially when they get physical with each other, it definitly turns me on.
    When i was about 12, i asked a female friend of mine if kissing with a girl would be different then kissing with a boy. (I never kissed at that age so i wouldn't know about either.)
    When i asked her she just laughed and said i don't think so. I was kinda disapointed that she didn't kiss me because i wanted to find out what it was like.
    I work as a waitress, and i once saw this girl who was just absolutly beautiful, and i noticed that i was constantly looking at her from a distance, but when i actually got to her table i avoided eye contact as much as i could because i could feel my face become bright red.
    Another reason is that the thought of having sex with a guy repulses me, no offence guys, i just really don't like the thought of it. On the other hand, i sometimes fantasise about having sex with a girl, and like the idea of that.
    I also get really uncomfortable when i have to shower together with other girls, but when guys walk around me in underwear i don't care at all. I also was always kind of a tomboy, never played with barbies, never wore make up and never wore dresses or skirts and what not. (until recently) Most of my friends are guys, and some of them once jokenly if i was gay, and so did my dad.

So, this is kind of a list of the things as to why i'm not sure if i'm straight..
    I hope you guys can help me out!
    All comments are welcome :icon_bigg

2. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be frank, I think that you are lesbian. The feelings and behaviours you described would be pretty accurate then. Obviusly, it's just what i think, only you can really know.

Good luck with figuring out yourself :slight_smile:

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Moogie.

4. King

It sounds like you are not sexually attracted to males.

What about romantically? If you had to sit down and cuddle someone would it be a male of female?

It does sound like you are a lesbian from the information provided about your thoughts about men and women, but being a tom boy has no impact on sexuality.

5. Mysz

It does sound like you're going higher up on the Kinsey Scale. Good suggestion, King.
    You could imagine yourself holding hands with someone. First make them a boy; then make them a girl, and see how your feelings differ. Someone can have differences in their romantic and sexual attractions. It's possible to love one sex romantically but not actually want to have sex with any of them (which can be a problem sometimes, especially if you see a nice pair of legs going down the street :icon_wink )

Overall, you sound like a baby lesbian. Think about it more and get comfortable with the idea =) Good luck!

6. laurenc

laurenc Guest

it sounds to me like you may be a lesbian

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Definitely doesn't sound straight to me.

8. Daniel003

I know how u feel
    Ive been questioning myself for a while now and i feel the same around guys
    I don't get at all self conscious in the way any of my friends would
    Iv also had a few people in class joking about me being gay which i think first made me think about it
    But i agree with the others
    You don't sound like your interested in guys in anyway

9. lovely lesbian

I don't think your straight to be honest with you your gay this is exactly how I felt when I worked out I was gay sorry to be frank but x

#9 lovely lesbian, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  10. 7eye

7eye Guest

I wonder if you have had any attraction to guys

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I agree with most of the above. It's not so much the tomboy stuff, more the desire for girls and fantasies of girls more than anything. Don't worry though, most of us have been where you are now, it can be confusing but it will be ok.

12. Alexandra18

hey,
    i don't really know.. the times i kissed boys i was quite bored honestly, i haven't kissed with a girl yet, but i do find i easier to "pick out" attractive boys from a crowd the girls, but maby that's just because i'm not used to the idea of being a lesbian yet.

Thanks so much for all the answers you guys!!

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it can be easier to pick out guys because societies so called norms have told you for so long you should like guys that you know which ones you like more than others. Whereas girls are a new thing.

14. Alexandra18

That makes sense, but don't people usually figure out they're gay in when you're like a teenager? I'm almost 22 and still not sure..
    Though i feel like i must add that i never had a crush on a girl before (unless that with the girl at the restaurant where i work was a crush, i don't know) but i did feel romantically attracted to a guy before.
    I guess i can deduce from the information i got that i'm definitely not straight, don't feel physically attracted to guys but probably romantically, and... that maby i'm a lesbian?
    aahhh this is all so confusing. But i really appreciate the comments i get, it helps. :slight_smile:

15. King

Are you really romantically attracted to men? Or do you like the idea of it? Something to think about.

From the information supplied it appears that you are at least bi-sexual, but if you have zero sexual attractions towards males then it appears that you are lesbian.

16. 7eye

7eye Guest

Glad to help.

17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't work out I was gay until I was in my mid twenties. I just never really thought about it. My mind doesn't really work in a sexual way so when I look at girls I don't really think oh my god she is so hot I want to kiss her etc. I find some girls more attractive than others but I think it can pass you by easily and because society leads you to straightness automatically sometimes it just doesn't get picked up.

18. Alexandra18

Okay, yeah i feel the same way, i never react to girls the same way that for example staight girls react to a guy when they think he's hot. I guess it's for sure that i'm not straight, now i only have to figure out if i'm bisexual or a lesbian. :slight_smile:
    And i also always thought that i was straight because it never occured to me that i also could not be straight, if that makes sense.

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. I was never really attracted to guys but I was mega shy and used to put it down to that. I guess I thought if grow into it but I never did and then one day I just had this light switch moment and I was like' oh my god what if I'm gay'.