1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm gay...I think...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WearyWanderer, Feb 19, 2014.

1. WearyWanderer

I know, this is topic #100000 questioning my orientation, but I've been a lot more confused lately. So I just recently accepted that I was gay not bi, but now I'm not as sure. Lately while I've been masturbating, I've been looking more at pictures of hot girls more than hot boys. I mean, I still get off at either, but I've felt that looking at girls in bikinis or something gets me a *little* bit more aroused. So there's that.
    However, I can honestly say that I can't see myself in a relationship with a woman. Romantically, I am almost entirely attracted to guys. In the future, I want to have boyfriends, not girlfriends, and a husband, not a wife. It just feels more natural or something to me. And I'm still very attracted to men, especially the skinny ones. :wink:
    Also, when I do masturbate to women, I imagine really only doing physical activities with them, but there isn't really a relationship there. When I do it with men, there's a relationship there. I also tend to think about men I have actually met while doing it, while with girls it's just looking at a few hot models or whatever.
    With these points in mind, I guess that I am somewhat bisexual, but homo-romantic. However, if in the future I just want to date guys, which I'm almost positive I do, then what does that long name matter? Does it make sense to just call myself gay, even if it's not 100% accurate? I've said it before, the name just suits me better I think.
    I don't know. Should I just call myself gay? What do you guys think? Once again, your advice and thoughts are appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's 100% up to you. I say I'm gay, but a line that I use is "I'm not so gay that I'd kick a beautiful woman out of my bed, but gay enough I doubt I'll be bringing one there anytime soon."

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure. If you think you're primarily attracted to guys, then go ahead and call yourself gay. Just because you happen to be able to get off to women doesn't mean much. Sexuality is a fluid thing, and there's rarely a label for every facet. So if you just want to simplify it to "gay" go for it.

4. Sarah257

Don't worry too much about labeling yourself. There's a reason I left my orientation status blank. :icon_wink

However, if you find that you absolutely have to label yourself, may I suggest using a sliding scale (such as kinsey's)? It may provide a way to label yourself more comfortably/accurately.

5. Riddick

Riddick Guest

1) Looks like you are physically attracted to women (where you once straight? well "it" never goes away Lol) by "it" I mean "physical atrraction to girls."
    2) you are sexually and romantically attracted to men
    3) there is no need to question that u are gay. women are hot and maybe if you compared your skinny guy to that girl you masterbate to, they might even look the same phyaically (by that I mean pretty looking boys.) I'd bet you're attracted to guys with female characteristics.
    4) goodness me, labeling sucks... bisexual... homoromantic... next they'll be saying Demi pansexual... I mean, if that even exists... I've met both guys and girls that make me quake in the knees, that doesn't mean I'm bisexual. At some point I was attracted to males simply because I was a teen with raging hormones (obviously including other factors that influenced my attraction to males)
    5) and honestly are you worried about the lable or that u might be in a gay relationship and find yourself cheating on your gay lover with a woman?... maybe that's taking it to far. You're worried about a lable because you want to identify yourself. To even have proper confidence when you meet somone who you want to be in a relationship with.
    6) I've lost count of how many years it has been that i have been questioning my sexuality, that just goes to show you how long it'll take you to find the lable you're comfortable with.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2014 at 03:32 AM ----------

:roflmao: loving that line!

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I vote gay. The "heteroromantic" labels may work for some, but can be a confusion and distraction to others that just delays the process of self-acceptance.

Very commonly, as guys are coming to accept themselves as gay, they say almost word-for-word what you just said about women. And a lot of gay guys have a ton of female friends.. but they are just friends, and there's zero sexual attraction.

As the saying goes... labels are for clothes. So I'd suggest not worrying about the label, focus on loving and accepting yourself and whomever you're attracted to... that's perfectly fine :slight_smile:

7. Matttt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You seem gay, not bi and defiantly not straight.
    Is it possible that you are masturbating to 'hot girls' cause you are picturing yourself as the girl, attracting hot men? That was the case for me when I was younger. Or it could possibly be that you masturbate to men so much that your brain needs a different trigger to get you aroused. Just a couple things to think about. Either way it's good that you can appreciate beauty in women as well, but that doesn't mean you want them in a sexual way.

8. softball

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you know that you are only attracted to guys, then you are definitely gay, but if you are kind of attracted to girls, then maybe your pansexual.

9. biggayguy

This is the reason I said homoflexible in my orientation. I'm not looking to get involved with a female but... I am actively looking for a boyfriend.

10. geek101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its all up to you