1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to do a 180 in sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sbl11, Feb 19, 2014.

1. sbl11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Looking back, I considered myself bicurious. Until the age of 9-11. In that time period, I was COMPLETELY straight. I did not think of other woman "that way" at all and the thought of anything romantic with another woman felt wrong. Since the age of eleven, I began to label myself bisexual. Over the year and a half I have gone to bisexual with a preference for women. One week ago I realized that at this point in time, I am lesbian. Is this possible? Yes, my first love was for a boy, not a girl. I had extremely strong feelings of attraction for him. Does anybody have any explanations for this? :bang:

2. AmiBee

I have heard about many people having fluid sexuality over time, especially women. I think our society gets too caught up in labels rather than how people actually feel. If you feel strong attractions for women now, that is how you are now. Just go with it and don't worry so much about the label.

3. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Easy explanation: sexuality is fluid. It doesn't always stay the same and for a lot of people, when they're young, their sexuality does change as they figure things out. Mine did, I used to be attracted to boys and girls, but mostly boys. Over time, my attraction to girls grew and my attraction to boys decreased a lot, to the point where I'm a lesbian.

So it's not a big deal, if you identify as a lesbian, then that's what you are. Your sexuality doesn't always stay exactly the same as it has been, especially when you're young.

4. 7eye

7eye Guest

This is kinda my experience also

5. Matttt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe you can love any person and when you love someone they seem perfect to you. So that's most likely why you had strong attraction for him, but you seem to be a lesbian. However, you are obviously attracted to women now. So go with that.