1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So damn confused :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BeccaM23, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BeccaM23

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok so here goes!

For the last couple of months i have been questioning my sexuality. I am 23 and up until this point in my life the possibility never occured to me!
    All through school i had a few crushes on guys, but it was pretty innocent stuff like wanting to kiss, cuddle etc.
    I didnt have a bf until i was 19 and i was definatley in love with him but even from the start i wasnt really into sex stuff, i struggled to get into it and can only remember on instance of being "turned on". I also had no interest in his genitals and whenever we "tried" to have sex it was like i shut down.By the last year of the relationship we didnt really have and physical intimacy, which i was happy with.
    Two years of being single since then and ive noticed guys in passing as attractive but the idea of intercourse is just bleh! To me.

Now to the gayer side of things! I have always been aware of other girls and their attractiveness but i always thought this was a hero worship type thing. When i was a kid j was obsessed with all the disney princesses, ariel in particular, i always thought she was pretty but looking back now i remember being obsessed over her boobs and Jasmines cleavage, i never looked at the male characters like that!
    I didnt really think about all this until i watched a lesbian film called Room in Rome, i thought the relationship was beautiful and i knew i wanted something like that and the more erotic parts were definatley hot!
    At work ive been starting to "see" women more and there is this one woman at work who i think is lovely and beautiful (shes straight and married though) and i was talikng to a pretty girl at work and i caught myself fantasizing about stroking the side of her face.

So im really puzzled now and could do with a good talk, i might have missed some stuff too so feel free to ask! God i hope people read this as its taken ages to type on my kindle and im so stressed!

2. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, you might be gay, you might just be developing your sexuality a bit more. It's not always that you're born a certain sexuality and it stays that way for life. For a lot of people, there comes a time when you start to feel differently about your feelings and attraction towards others. So you might be gay, it's possible, but no-one can tell you what you are, that's your identity to understand. I'd say, for the time being, forget labels and just live your life, continue as you are now, and see if things become clearer for you with time, and perhaps you'll feel more sure of how you feel.