1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it feel like to be attracted to someone?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Elizabeth15, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Elizabeth15

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, so I've been trying to figure my feelings out for different people and I realized that I don't know what exactly being attracted to someone feels like. When I see a hot guy, I sometimes get a little flutter in my chest, like wow, he's cute but I don't want to date him or kiss him (I can imagine us kissing, but it just feels awkward and not something I'd want to do). On the other hand, when I see a hot girl I sorta check her out surreptitiously and the idea of kissing her feels more emotionally charged than kissing a guy. Like it would actually mean something and I might enjoy doing it. Does that mean I'm sexually attracted to girls, not guys?

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. AmiBee

Hi, it's hard to say. You may be attracted to both, or not. Your level of attraction to girls and guys may not be the same. Whatever you feel and decide about yourself, just know that it is normal. Whatever your attractions and sexuality might end up being, it is a gift.

3. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I went through the same thing when I was your age. And to be honest I didn't understand what attraction was until I met my first girlfriend. I thought she was the most amazing person I ever met, I couldn't take my eyes off her and always felt magnetically drawn to her. But that was just my personal experience. Yours might be different but you'll know when you meet or see that person that you're in awe of.
    Good luck, I hope you figure things out but don't try to rush it. It'll happen when you're ready

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone feels attraction differently. What one person feels may be completely different than what someone else may feel. There's a difference between romantic attraction and sexual attraction as well. It sounds like you're romantically attracted to women, but that doesn't inherently mean you're sexually attracted to them. Now, if you can imagine yourself having sex with another girl and you find that prospect attractive, that would be a different story. And just because you're not attracted to guys doesn't mean you are attracted to girls; you could be asexual as well, meaning you're not sexually attracted to anyone. You can still have romantic attraction, which is what you described above.

5. Elizabeth15

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for your answers, they're very helpful :slight_smile:. Landslide, I had that magnetic, can't take my eyes off her thing with a girl in my class a few months ago (never anything like that with a guy). I just thought she was the most perfect human being on the planet and always wanted to be with her. About sex, I think I might just be unaccustomed to the idea, especially with a girl. I plan on having sex sometime later in my life and imagining sex with a girl seems exciting and sorta fun, but also strange; I guess I'm just not used to the idea.