1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning lesbian!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Karabeara, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Karabeara

So I think I'm a lesbian. However every time I feel quite certain I think well maybe I'm not. I like girls they are beautiful and smart and everything. However I don't know that I've ever really had a crush on a girl. I kinda liked my best friend ( girl ) but I can't imagine ever dating her we're like sisters. Not to say I can't imagine dating a girl. I've " dated" a few boys in elementary school but not since 5 th grade. I've never kissed anyone and I'm homeschooled so I don't meet a whole lot of people. I've always had friends that are girls ( very few boy) and I've always been on the more girly side. When my friends say guys are hot I'm like if you say so. I kind if think some guys are a little cute but none sexy. Girls are sexy and I like lesbian movies but I'm not sure. My parents are very supportive so they won't like shut me out or anything but I don't want my life and sleepovers to change if I do end up coming out. Sorry it's long could you guys tell me what you think thanks.

2. orangevanilla

It seems like sexy is more of a compliment than a strong conviction for you. It's cool to find them attractive but that doesn't mean you are lesbin unless you find them attractive suitors!! Haha

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are probably right but you are just nervous. It's totally normal to feel like this. When I look at girls I don't automatically think about them sexually I kind of have to get to know them first and definitely couldn't imagine sleeping with any of my friends.

How has your coming out gone so far?

4. WiggleToe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No offense or anything but you're 14. Don't worry about putting a label on yourself already and just see how things develop over time :icon_wink? If you turn out to be a lesbian, bi, straight or anything else it's fine.

Good luck though!

5. Kellyve

Actually it's totally normal to question yourself at this age. I'd say wait a little while, though. Don't come out unless you're pretty damn sure. It will probably become clearer to you as you get a little older whether your attracted to guys or girls, or both, or neither. It's good that your parents are so supportive, and it might help to talk it over with them :slight_smile:

Good luck :wink:

6. Karabeara

I've talked to my dad and he said the same thing along with the three friends I've told and its not like I'm in a real rush ( I'm not dating yet ) it's just a little annoying and upsetting wondering. Thanks for answering guys! :slight_smile: