1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TurtleShell, Feb 25, 2014.

1. TurtleShell

So I am only in highschool (just thought I should start with that) and I find myself mainly sexually attracted to woman. But yet I would rather be hugging and going on dates with another guy. So...I am romantically attracted to other guys. But the thing is, I am not sure if I feel this way due to media (movies,tv,music etc) or if these are my actual feelings. I can't really see myself having a successful relationship with a girl. I am able to know if a guy is cute and very attractive and same with a girl. And I'd rather not be consider myself bi just because of the constant confusion and pretty much everyone tells me "theres no such thing as bi. Only gay people trying to feel somewhat straight".

I feel like my post has no organization right now........

Anyways the problem is that I feel like I would have to act on my feelings to truly know but I just can't see that happening. Any help?

#1 TurtleShell, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'd rather not be consider myself bi just because of the constant confusion and pretty much everyone tells me "theres no such thing as bi. Only gay people trying to feel somewhat straight"."

Well for starters, get rid of that idea pronto! Seriously, entertaining that thought even if it didn't originate with you, is the quickest way to make yourself feel awful! Whoever 'everyone' is, they are idiots. Ignore them.

As for your feelings. I have to ask, how does "I am not sure if I feel this way due to media" work exactly? Do you actually have a reason to think you've been heavily brainwashed by media outlets into having gay thoughts or is it just a reflex thought?

3. TurtleShell

Well see alot of the T.V shows I watch tend to have gay people and I am currently watching glee and I see how happy the people are with their partners and I think to myself "I want that (relationship/happiness)". So I am confused if these are my thoughts or the media's.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well unless you're going out of your way to only watch shows with gay people in them, the media has infinitely more 'happy straight couples' to portray, but I don't imagine you are sitting there wondering if the media's representation of straight couples makes other people straight.

My point is, it's one thing to look at a happy gay couple and think 'I want what they have' and a completely different thing to look at the happy gay couple and think 'I want that and I can only possibly have it with another man!'

5. TurtleShell

Well I FEEL as if I could only have a real relationship with another man. I emphasize the word "feel" because I have never acted on it so I feel as if I don't truly know. And like mentioned I feel sexually attracted to females but romantically attracted to males (more or less) so that's confusing as is.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

I just researched this thing called HOCD HOCD: Homosexual OCD & Sexual Orientation OCD

(Because I have minor OCD) and now this makes me question everything.