1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you decide?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Azriel, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Azriel

Out Status:
    All but family
    I realize this has probably been asked a million times before, but how did you all decide that you are what you are? Lately I've been having a lot if trouble with this. I know I like boys romantically and mostly sexually, but I still feel a sexual attraction to girls. Help me out by telling your stories!

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always knew there was some level of physical interest in other guys, but it wasn't until I was ~20ish that I felt I could actually fall in love with one. At that point I thought I was probably bisexual, albeit around a 5.5 on the Kinsey scale. Over time I realized that my thoughts are almost exclusively about guys so I'm now willing to admit to myself that I'm gay. For me it's been more about self-realization than denial, at least I'd like to think that. I'm really not too concerned with the actual labels.

3. Sorceress of Az

Nice username, I use that on a different website. lol

Well, let's see,
    when I was going through puberty the girls in my class began looking so freaking hot, yet much to my surprise so did my best friend who was a boy. I was raised in a Christian family that felt the feelings I was having for my friend where wrong, i knew that and felt conflicted about it and was in self denial until recently shortly before I began posting here.

When I was a young teen about 13 or so I was confused about those feelings I had for him. We even slept together and for a while I was sure I was straight and he was just special some how. Now however I am sure that I am Bisexual for a while I thought I Might be Pansexual but I am not.

None of my family know, but all of my close friends know.

I am also Gender_fluid and did not know their was a word for it until recently.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

If you listen to your feeling and your heart, you'll know the answer.

I made this.

5. lemarikosong

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in denial until late in my teens, I think it was around 18 or so when I decided to explore what I feel about guys. And here I am now :slight_smile:

6. Azriel

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, guys. I mean... For a long time, I know that the only real romantic interest I've had is for guys. The girl thing may just be the adolescent shit in me wanting to experiment, but that's never been there before, so I don't pay too much attention to it.

:bang: It's hard; But with the help of friends and you guys, I'll figure it out.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a choice that isn't really a choice. The only choice you really have is whether or not you accept who you are.

8. Yosia

I think i have somewhat always liked boys but not as much as now and used to think i was straight but as soon as i learned what it means i instantly thought i was bisexual and now it seems to be mainly guys im attracted to~ i still think girls are really pretty and i look at them now and again but i have no desire to be with them so i would say im almost gay ^^

9. lukeluvznicki13

I knew I had an attraction towards girls and i also started forming attractions to guys. I still even now find both genders attractive so I classified myself as bisexual :slight_smile:

10. Destiel

I didn't really decide I was, I realized I was. When I was in grade seven my friend came out as bi to me. I was surprised but I didn't mind in the slightest. As time went on eventually one day she kissed me out of the blue. She told me she liked me but said she was going to get over me. At the time I didn't think I liked her, but I soon realized how much I liked our kiss. Eventually I ended up pushing it away and denying I was something other than straight until about a year ago when I started to really notice how beautiful girls were and how I would sometimes think about kissing them. At first I thought I was bi but then I realized that gender identity didn't matter to me nor sexual orientation so about five months ago I admitted to myself that I was pansexual, and I've been feeling better about myself ever since!