1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexuality Stuff

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Carbine, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Carbine

Anyone else feel that like 50% of the world just doesn't apply to you because your asexual? I don't necessarily feel left out, but there's...quite a lot of things that are based around sex and sexuality that just don't apply to me...that I don't understand and those who do experience sexual attraction don't understand about me. We're a very small amount of the population...I don't know any other asexuals personally. I simply don't grasp the concept of sexual attraction. And in turn feel like my lack thereof is not understood. Nnnnot to mention the fact I'm not aromantic...and I'm dating someone who is not asexual. We're both young. And we've been together successfully for nine months. But though he hasn't tried to pressure me or anything, he's expressed frustration about this aspect of me...which I, again, just don't understand.
    Just wondering if there's anyone here who relates to these things and maybe has a few survival tips for the rest of us :shrug::eusa_shif:shrug:

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can definitely relate. Unfortunately I don't have any tips since I've never been in a relationship. (Don't know if I'd be called aromantic or not, because the concept of romantic attraction makes no sense to me.)

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not asexual, but I still sympathize. I don't get the hype around sexual relationships either. Hell, I'd be fine with dating an asexual since it seems we have more and common and don't place sex so highly in our relationships. I still feel sexual attraction, but sometimes my interest just seems so low, I could live celibate forever and not care.