1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOCD and fluid sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Mar 1, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I keep hearing about sexuality being fluid. All this talk about sexuality being fluid makes me panic because I have OCD tendencies.

I know that HOCD is not the correct term, but I have the exact same symptoms as people with HOCD. I've had many obsessions unrelated to my sexuality as well.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there are a few people who claim their sexuality genuinely changed, but in general, I think the fluidity of sexuality is overstated. A lot of people think it's fluid because they know of people who've changed their orientation label (eg calling themselves lesbian, then bisexual). But most of these people haven't actually changed in how they feel - just found a more accurate label for it.

3. treespoon

You can have whatever label makes you comfortable. If you're happy being strictly a lesbian and identifying with lesbians, then go ahead! If it's bi, then go ahead. If labels make you happy, be liberal with using them.