1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioned myself for years, still unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sarahraye, Mar 1, 2014.

1. sarahraye

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum :slight_smile: my name's Sarah.

Right now I'm 17, but for the past 5 years I've definitely questioned my sexually, even more so in the past 2 or 3—

The only experience I've had with females was you know typical kid stuff, truth or dare and whatnot. I've always found girls attractive and I always catch myself checking them out, more so than guys. The thing is I've always been with guys (relationships and well you know) but I've never put aside the thought of being with a female but I've never been romantically attracted to any girls I know (mainly because they're all my friends and none would be my type anyways. Too girly -.-)

I've never ever expressed any of this to anyone except for my ex boyfriend and even then it wasn't in detail or anything I just told him that I believe that I am attracted to girls.

If a girl were to come along that I liked and she liked me like that, I wouldn't turn her down but because I've never really had any experiences I am unsure if this is just a random thing or if I'm bisexual or what. Sorry for the long post I am really unsure of myself and it doesn't help that if I decided I was anything other than straight, my fathers side of the family would disown me... My mom wouldn't care, my aunts a lesbian and everyone knows that and that side of the family is completely okay with it.

I'm looking for any guidance or advice. I don't know how to even explain how I feel :frowning2: I'm straight up confused...

2. AmiBee

If you've been questioning your sexuality since you were around 12, I think it's safe to say that you're not entirely straight. As you read more posts on this forum, I think you'll find that there is not one right way or time to figure out your sexuality. Also, you may be bi, pan, lesbian or maybe even straight. Give yourself the time and freedom to figure it out.

3. sarahraye

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always had an attraction to girls. My whole thing is if I like someone and I'm attracted to them, I don't care if they're a girl or boy but I just don't know D: thank you for replying :slight_smile:

4. AmiBee

In that case, it definitely seems like you are either bisexual or pansexual. That said, you don't need to feel any pressure to come out before you are ready. Let me know if I can be of any more help.