1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I experiment with guys before thinking about coming out as bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sk92, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sk92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just interested to know how much some people who are out experimented before coming out? In my mind, i'm just about certain i'm bisexual but I haven't tried anything beyond making out with guys and I'm wondering how much, if at all, you need to experiment to know for sure.

I suppose what worries me is the (very small i think) possibility that I could come out then realise that actually although I find guys sexually attractive I might find that I don't actually enjoy sex with guys or relationships with other guys don't work for me. Then it would have all have been for nothing really and everyone would probably assume I was confused for the rest of my life. But it seems like it would be quite difficult to experiment with guys while being 'officially straight'.

so I'd just like to know what some other people have done in the past? Do you actually need to have experimented to be sure of your sexual orientation? And if you do, how do you find guys to experiment with while not out?

2. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

If you like kissing guys, and you find guys attractive then you are most likely bi if you also like women. It doesn't have to be 50/50, where you're equally attracted to both sexes.

For what it's worth, I've never even kissed someone and I know I'm gay.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need to experiment to know if you're attracted to a certain gender. There are people who have come out while still being virgins, as well as people who've come out after lots of experimenting. There is no requirement that you have to have X or Y experiences to know what you are.

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like Ettina said, you don't need to experiment to figure out your sexuality. I would also not advise it, because if both parties aren't on the same page, it can end very badly and cause a lot of emotional turmoil, or even cause friendships to dissolve.