1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe some tips?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by justaguy123, Mar 2, 2014.

1. justaguy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So I know that I am straight but the questioning keeps on going...
    Has somebody maybe got some tips for me to stop these irritating thoughts?
    Maybe paranoidkid?
    All the thoughts about me maybe being gay have gotten inside of my head, based on nothing. I just began wondering when someone told me as a joke that I was gay (see previous thread) and this wondering seems not to be able to stop.
    I keep checking and checking if I like guys or not but there's always a negative reaction to gay things but this reaction seems to never be able to be enough and I keep checking and checking.

Again, has @Paranoidkid maybe got some tips for me? I definately wouldn't want to talk about it with anyone in person because they will think I am gay and that would destroy others peoples thoughts of me because they won't understand how i feels to worry about it.

2. treespoon

Find some way to place being gay near the bottom of your priorities list. Think about schoolwork or work, or paying off someone or something much more important than simply worrying about your sexuality.
    Talk to some members of a GSA or alliance club. Everyone is super welcoming, and if you don't want the conversation to leave the room, it won't.
    You can always private message people, like paranoidkid, or anyone else on this site. Everyone will be willing to help you!
    Just go with the flow and undervalue your sexuality. It doesn't have to play a huge part in your life if you don't want it to.
    Here are some tips on how to clear your mind.
    o close all your internet tabs except the one you’re using
    o delete all your text messages
    o delete negative people from social networks
    o throw some things away. just throw them away
    o tidy your desk. make a blank surface
    o drink 3 glasses of water
    o open the curtains
    o wash your face and brush your teeth
    These help me whenever I feel anxious over anything. Hopefully they'll help you too!

3. markosss

Dont try to label yourself! Do whatever comes natural to you

4. justaguy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks! I will use those tips for now :slight_smile:

5. justaguy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks man, that actually made sense! I don't have to fit in a lable, I can create my own and I can change it all the time depending on what feels best to me :slight_smile: