1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian but suddenly attracted to a man

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by cali, Mar 2, 2014.

1. cali

This is weirding me out. I have not been attracted to the male sex since I was 12. So it has been relatively easy for me to identify as a lesbian. However, over the last few weeks I have become very attracted to a man! Should I start a relationship with him? Will I end up 'going off him' and hurting him? He is really sweet and I don't want to hurt him if this is just a 'phase'. Please help!

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Alot of my gay friends have a saying when they see a cute woman here and there. "honey I maybe gay, but if she was in my bed, I wouldn't say no!"
    aside from making me laugh, it helps me to believe orientation isn't static, ya know? there could always be one who may pique your interest ^^

3. lasthopeofmine

There are so many answers and views that can be taken on this. From personal experience, I can somewhat relate. I thought I was attracted to guys for a while (well, I convinced myself I was mainly because I didn't want to be a lesbian). But, the way I see it is that all people are different. Not every woman who is attracted to other women can be considered a lesbian, and the same goes for homosexual men. Just because you have always been attracted to women doesn't mean that you will always be attracted to only women. Human attraction is something that really no one can fully understand, but just know that this is normal.

4. BelleFromHell

Is it just sexual attraction or do you ACTUALLY have feelings for him?
    If it's just sexual, ignore it. If not, do whatever floats your boat.

5. Soaring

You may be homoflexible. This is an orientation that describes people who are homosexual but occasionally have exceptions. So people who are homoflexible are not attracted to opposite genders as a whole but can occasionally experience attraction to a specific person of another gender. Many homoflexibles still identify as gay/lesbian but recognize that there are a few exceptions.

Really, you are the only one who can tell if this is just a phase, though. I would say that you should probably wait for a little while and see if you continue to be attracted to him before you decide whether or not you want to start a relationship. Make sure you don't try to force yourself to stop feeling attraction to him, though. If you're feeling freaked out about this you might end up accidentally doing that.

I would also echo what BelleFromHell said. If you are thinking of entering a relationship with him make sure that you feel romantic attraction to him and not just sexual attraction. If you only feel sexual attraction for him it is probably best not to act upon your feelings (unless you would both be okay with only having a sexual relationship).

6. cali

Thank you all so much for your replies. It's a relief to know other people have this issue too. It's definitely not just a sexual attraction, but, I am worried part of the attraction is that he is interested in me and I wonder if there will always be a 'spark' missing in a relationship between a lesbian and a man that he might pick up on.