1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for gay guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Blues, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was wondering what do gay guys think when they see a hot chick? Do you focus on specific features like legs, ass or tits? Do you ever feel attracted to them?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I see a hot girl, I can tell that she's attractive, but I'm not fawning over her.
    I am attracted to the idea of her being attractive to other men, but nothing really stands out to me. The more attractive she is, the more 'turned on' I am.

That gets me in the mood to look at attractive men.

So no, I'm never attracted to them, but they do 'turn me on' if that makes sense?

3. Kaabool

Kaabool Guest

Well it does nothing to me at all, I was shocked knowing that cute girls are not necessarily 'hot'..I remember I got a really close straight male friend to look at random girl pictures I'd send him and ask him..is she hot? is she hot?..and sometimes I'd be like...wow didn't see that answer coming. Mainly to get by the awkward conversation straight guys have about girls without making a drama scene about me being gay.

The girl in Seinfeld is an easy example of a girl I would've never thought she's hot.

Girls to me (as offensive as it is)..are like flowers, they are very pretty and magical...but I wouldn't have sex with a flower...

I have dealt in customer service though with girls who do seem 'sexually confident' the only feeling I feel is either 'you go girl'...or 'please don't try to use your charms on me they won't work' cause some of them in my opinion do that.

There must be something very wrong with how I feel I know lol.

Ya bottom line is...I really can not feel sexual towards a girl at all...I can feel nervous of how beautiful she is...but nothing sexual (as far as I can consciously tell).

I don't focus at anything specific at all. Just if guys start saying shes hot look at that *particular feature* I 'take notes' of popular features to get by.

#3 Kaabool, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  4. Skov

I can tell if they are attractive, but I'm not attracted to them if that makes sense. I get hot and bothered around attractive guys. I don't get that way around attractive girls.

5. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Interesting replies. Thanks guys. All very different. I suppose that's the thing We take from this. Specifics around our sexuality are unique.

That's interesting tj - you do get turned by attractive girls but you don't want to do anything with them.

By the way. Elaine from Seinfeld isn't that hot.

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I'm not a guy, but as someone who isn't attracted to girls, I'll chime in.

Many women that guys call 'hot' look unattractive to me, to be honest. I don't really like the look of a woman with big boobs and a big butt. But that's just a personal preference, I think.

As for the girls I think are attractive, to me it's like looking at an elegant cat or something, admiring their beauty but not feeling attracted to them. I like looking at them, but I wouldn't feel any desire to do anything more with them. Same with attractive guys.

7. HIL91025

I get attracted to their looks or personality. At the end of the day, they still have a vagina, though haha. So yes, I get attracted to them, but it is a platonic love, I guess. I don't want to go near their.... bits.

8. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for all your answers. Very interesting. I am attracted to girls. I had problems getting erections before and as a result of this constantly doubt my sexuality. I have another question then. Did you want to be gay?

9. Gen

Gen

I don't believe anyone receives much say in the matter. The only thing anyone ever 'wants' in regards to sexuality is to be with someone who satisfies them in that way. For homosexuals, it just happens to be the same sex.

10. newfish

I don't think anyone exactly "wants" to be gay. But I always felt like I fit the gay stereotype and it would make sense if I were. Then I figured out I actually was and I'm like "oh this is pretty bad." Especially during the pre-coming out to ANYONE. I would actually just cry at night because it felt like no one knew who I was or would accept me. Then I came out to just one person and no more pressing need to tell anyone (except for occasional urge to scream it in a public place.)

11. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I desperately wanted to be asexual. But I know of others who wanted the same thing and didn't get it, so I doubt my desires had much to do with it.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not uncommon for me to think "Wow, that girl is really hot!" That doesn't really mean I'm sexually attracted to her, but it's not as if all girls look the same to me just because I'm interested in guys. Attractive people are attractive people, regardless of your gender or which gender you want to be with.

13. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok. So some of you guys say that you get turned on and are attracted to girls. Why not act on this if you didn't want to be gay? What is it exactly are you talking about when you say that it just didn't feel right?

14. AKTodd

Well, to answer your first two questions:

I can tell on an intellectual level that a female is attractive by the standards of my culture, mainly because I am surrounded by all the effort that culture puts into telling me that a certain combination of features is attractive. As far as my actual libido is concerned...women don't even exist - You could run the last 5yrs of Playboy centerfolds through the room stark naked and I'm not going to feel a thing (other than wondering what the hell all these women were doing in my living room).

As far as wanting to be gay - I never thought about it really - Sex wasn't of any real interest to me until a guy hit on me and we hooked up a few times and I didn't conclude I was gay until I then went out and arranged to hook up with a different guy a couple times.

Based on the available evidence, the obvious conclusion was that I was gay. 'Want' didn't enter into it any more than it does with whether or not I'm left or right handed. It's just what I am. Sex with guys feels awesome - so why would I do anything other than enjoy it?

Todd

15. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I see a very attractive female, I can admire her beauty. I don't feel any sexual attraction though.

Usually what I notice about a girl is her outfit and her hair.

16. LionsAndShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've come to believe that gender preference is the most fundamental aspect of sexual orientation, more so than attractiveness. So, if it is possible to imagine two equally attractive people - one male, one female - your sexual orientation determines how you react to them. If you are gay, you respond much more powerfully to the attractive person who is your own gender. If you are straight, you respond powerfully to the person who is opposite gender. Gender is fundamental and essential to how you respond to attractiveness. But, if you are honest, you can still tell both are attractive. The difference is in the response we feel on account of the gender of the person we find attractive.

Sorry if I've confused everyone.

17. goose

goose Guest

uhm...big butts and boobs are a major turn off for me lmao
    I've never felt attracted to girls like physically just only their personalities I guess..but then again, I'm attracted both physically and romantically to guys so I guess I'm firmly in the gay zone right now :grin:

18. Incognito10

Since I am gay, I do not look at females in sexual ways, even if a female is considered "hot" by the standards of heterosexual men. I do however notice when I think a woman is beautiful--I usually notice hair, eyes, face, facial expressions, style of dress; but I am not sexualizing them.

19. emkorora

emkorora Guest

The first thing I notice is their face. Is it cute and petite? Elegant? Unsightly? Followed with their weight, whether they're large or not. Not much beyond that. If they dress well I recognize it immediately. And no, I'm never attracted. Just occasionally intrigued.

20. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I see a hot chick, I must be in a KFC or I'm wondering why said chick is on fire. My question is, "why is the baby chicken on fire?"

In all seriousness, I can tell when a girl is hot or pretty or what have you but never once have I thought to myself: "I want to bang you." That never occurs to me and it never will. I just focus on her, as a person, and none of her physical features cause frankly, I don't feel a connection to any of that.

Oh yes, we wanted to be gay. We wanted to be tortured and ridiculed. And sometimes, we want to think thoughts of suicide.

No, I never wanted to be gay. Living in a Catholic household, I never once was like: "I want to grow up liking men just because this religion opposes it. That would...that would be masochistic of me and humans are not masochistic beings.

I'm not doubting that some of is get turned on by girls. I get turned on sometimes but I just don't sense an intimate connection with whomever it's done with. I feel one should act on it if and only if they truly are attracted to the person they are turned on by. And for me that is with guys. Therefore, I will never act on my intentions with a girl.