1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 1way, Mar 4, 2014.

1. 1way

question but not sure if im being silly, so please correct me one way or another. basically I was born male, but have always been feminine, told I sat, like a girl, looked like one, had features of one, even older told my skin is soft like a woman's, and I have features like one, body wise im not. Told by women I am very in touch with my feminine side. Okay that all sounds weak, but its just background info. over the past two years I have wished more then anything I was a woman, and could shed the male role completely. In fact if I was offered a wish, I would wish for that. However my sexuality is that I am attracted to woman. To a degree I have suffered depressing and anxiety for the last two years, I still cant free myself from, and had to quit working a highly paid job, I have some saving which can last, but am still supporting kids and school fees and all those things, in a marriage which has been broken for a good 4 years, without any love/contact. I really don't want any contact with my wife at all. But am afraid to go alone, and kinda not sure what I am. I suspect to a degree I have retreated to a sub-personality (female) as a result of the anxiety above, but as time goes on it wont just be me who suffers, my kids etc will as well. I came from a family which was split when I was 10 and my mother went to the US with my brother and sister, while I with my twin stayed in Canada, so I don't want my kids to suffer through that. Basically Im not sure who I am or even how to categorize myself or who to talk about it. I need to do something. Im not suicidal, but have been close at times, close enough to think 'what if I'.... I stopped the drugs Prozac I was given as it did not help, which is why I think this is more complicated then just MD. I guess I asking the community here, is this something anyone identifies with this, ?, or is it just a temporal thing I should ignore. I don't even know how to classify it, closest I have seen is male lesbian, as strange as that sounds.

2. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about working with therapist experienced in issues of sexuality? I wouldn't pretend to know enough to offer an opinion here