1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I like my best friend, as more than a best friend.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ty Stylinson, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ty Stylinson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have this friend. Were both girls. I don't have any of the weird butterfly's in the stomach feelings that I had around my first guy-crush, but when my cousin and I were joking around she was like, "Wheres your girlfriend?" Because me and my friend are always with eachother, and I felt my heart leap. I don't know how I feel, and it's extremely frustrating.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a crush on one of my friends. She knows, and doesn't really care. She seems to have taken it as a compliment. ^^

I can't tell you whether you like your friend, but I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually. :slight_smile:

3. treespoon

I feel the exact same way.
    I've noticed it a whole lot more since I've come out to her and myself, like I've opened a door for this crush to blossom. I want to kiss her soo bad sometime, and we did the Girlfriend Tag on youtube as a joke, but I so badly wanted it to be real. No butterflies and nervousness, like how I used to feel around guys, just sort of love.
    I think the butterflies around guys is leftover from how we're 'supposed' to feel. From an extremely young age we are taught to like boys, and it's hard to switch off the nervousness and excitement, even if you know you're gay.
    Telling her you might not be 100% straight might ease some of your worries or frustration. It doesn't have to be a huge coming out, just a casual hey, girls are pretty cute. She will understand and be supportive, and if you tell her you may like her she will take it better. Who knows, really- you might end up dating!
    I totally understand what you're going through, but DO NOT pressure her. If you tell her, and she says she's straight, don't pressure her into 'being gay'. That's my only warning!

4. Cassiea1324

I have always self identified as straight until about a weekend a half ago when I met this amazing girl who is Bi, but in a relationship currently. We are on a friendly status, but I realized I have romantic feelings for her. It's not as sexual as I have felt with guys, but more of a feeling like I want to wake up next to her in the morning. I have no idea where it's going to go, it has literally happened so fast, I have no idea what to do. But I think that you should give this time. See if your feelings develop more deeply, and then from there contemplate telling her about your sexuality, not your crush on her. Hope this helps and best of luck!

5. illusorylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hey i can totally understand the frustration of having a major crush on your best friend. now that u said that you also dont get the butterflies, I feel like i can wrap my head around this crush on bff that doesnt illicit the same excitement as my guy eye candy. my friends also think that we sound like we are dating because i talk about her all the time and buy her favourite food back for her on weekends etc. we have separate groups of friends outside of school and I dont know her friends that well. I hanged out with them once, together with one of her guy friends whom I have a little crush on/ eye candy and the whole time she was leaning on me as if to show off that there is something more between us. she knows that I like that guy in her group of friends so I felt like she was deliberately telling the guy to back off. i totally get the frustration especially if your friend can tell you are into her and fuels your obsession by being touchy unnecessarily,