1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Dream Interpretation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pandas, Mar 5, 2014.

1. pandas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The other day I had the weirdest dream. I remembered it vividly after I woke up and tried to shake it off, but it recently resurfaced in my head as I was sitting here.

I don't remember much, but I'll share the important bits I can remember after giving some background info.

My friend (let's call her Sally) is gay and has an "alternative lifestyle haircut"...aka short hair, haha. I am not romantically interested in her, and I've known her for over a year. She is, however, one of my first and only lesbian friends, and I was intrigued when I met her because I was having a hard time coming to terms with my feelings toward women back then. Last weekend I actually met up with her and a few of her friends that I've met before and I felt very relaxed and at ease, feeling glad to FINALLY be hanging out with a few gay girls for once. I've always felt like that side of me has been so repressed and for the first time I felt like I belonged. In straight groups I always feel like I'm repressing my gay side, and it gay groups I've always felt like I was repressing my "bi" side. Idk how to explain it really. The point is...I felt comfortable.

I had a dream that Sally and I were on our way to some bar in town and I asked Sally, "Do I look okay?" and she said, "Yeah, you look totally dyke-y!". And it felt like a huge compliment. It made me happy. I woke up and I felt totally freaked out by it, but in my dream I was content, almost vindicated.

I'm in a relationship with a guy. If you delve into my past personal posts, they're all "HALP I'm bi in a hetero relationship, but I'm struggling?"

Was my dream my subconscious telling me that I'm gay or something? Or perhaps it was just a manifestation of my relief at becoming more comfortable with my sexuality? Hmmm. Every day I'm always asking myself, "How gay am I?" or "To what degree am I interested in men/women?"

Who wants to interpret my dream. It'll be fun. Come on.... :slight_smile:

2. Ty Stylinson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think your dream is your subconscious coming to full terms with your sexuality. Even if you had accepted your sexuality before you had the dream, It may be the fact of your new friends. Accepting and being comfortable with are two completely different things. Even 'comfortable' can mean different things. In this case, this is you being comfortable in the sense that others are comfortable and accepting of your sexuality. Hope this helped!! xxx

3. Reflection

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think your dream was just your subconscious reflecting your conscious state of mind's need for clarity on your sexuality. As humans we have a hard time with the grey areas of life we prefer to have things black and white. Being bi causes us to live in the grey so in your dream things were finally "black and white" or just clear and thats possibly why you felt content. Also maybe your need for a sense of belonging. Like you looking "dyke-y" made you feel apart of the group.

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    part A: You've always felt like you are repressing your gay side. Last week you was hanging out with a few gay girls and you felt good, "relaxed and at ease", about it; you felt like you "belonged there". Because of that you have been feeling very good about yourself being dyke-y lately so it felt good when complimented about it in your dream.
    part B: You've been with a guy for 2 years and even though you somewhat love him you aren't happy in the relationship so feeling good about spending time with lesbians and being complimented about looking totally dyke-y may refer to your desire for romance and love with a woman. imo :icon_wink