1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrghh, so confused!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Alexandra18, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Alexandra18

Okay, so for the past 8 months or so i started to think i'm not straight, but was still unsure if i'm bi or maby a lesbian.
    Then a couple of months ago i posted on this forum that i don't know what my sexuality is and i could deduce that i'm definitly not straight from the advice and answers i got.
    BUT, i started to think again..
    You see, i did once get the butterfly in my stomach feeling when talking to a guy. And i'm almost 22 now and i never had that feeling about a girl.
    Though i fantisyse about being intimate with girls and find kissing with guys kind of boring. Also the idea of being intimate with a guy reeeaaally doesn't appeal to me.
    So what i'm thinking now is that i'm romantically attracted to guys and physically attracted to women. But i recently went of vacation with a female friend of mine, just the two of us, and we went to a public bath house, so i saw her naked. I think she's absolutly beautiful, and also when she sometimes touches my shoulder whilst talking or when she's leaning her head on my shoulder i just think: "oww please don't do that, i might like you more then a friend if you keep doing that." I also think she's reallly kind and caring and ahh i'm glad to have her as a friend. (Also i get kind of agitated when she talks about her boyfriend. Yes, she's straight.)
    But the butterfly feeling still is nowhere to be found. So i have absolutly no idea how i feel about her, or women in general, because i never had the butterfly's!
    Is it just sexual, or is it also romantically but am i just to ignorent to accept that fact?
    I feel i should say though that one time i was talking to a girl online and i kept waiting for her messages and whenever i saw i had a new message i was really excited and happy.
    Anyway, i'm just really confused about what my feelings are and if maby i'm just straight but going trough a fase or whatever.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, i'm bad at writing down my thoughts and English isn't my native language.

Any advice/comments is welcome.

2. Simple Thoughts

I can't say for sure. The only person who will ever know your sexual and romantic orientation is yourself.

It does sound to me like you're a heteromantic homosexual. That's the way it sounds, but that is just from what I know. I think you just have to be open to what makes you feel the most comfortable, and find a way to come to terms with yourself. When the time is right you'll know exactly what you feel ^^

I'm sorry this wasn't super helpful

3. Alexandra18

thanks for your reply, though i don't know what heteromantic homosexual means?

4. Simple Thoughts

Heteromantic ( romantically attracted to the opposite sex ) homosexual ( sexually attracted to the same sex ) :slight_smile: