1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's getting hard

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Andstillimhere7, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone, lately I've told my psychologist about my homosexuality and she says it's okay, she herself said it was fine, but she mentioned that it's a phase, a choice and that there are consequences about being gay. I just want to be me, but I don't know if I'm bi or gay, but I know that I like guys. I'm getting emotional talking about homosexuality. My psychologist said that I just admired boy. Lately it's been as if I'm being brainwashed into becoming straight and I don't want to become straight I want to remain gay, but to me it sounds like it's a choice. Anyways I need to go I'll add more, I just wanted to talk about it.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's clear that your psychologist isn't helping your situation at all. She's pressing her messed-up beliefs onto you, and that's absolutely wrong of her to do.

Can you get a new psychologist?

From what I've read here, what she's doing may even be ignoring the ethical side of psychology, and she may need to be reported to her licensing board.

I highly recommend you find a new psychologist. One that understands you, that can support you, and that won't try to force their beliefs on you.
    If you want to look further into reporting them to their licensing board, I would contact the EC Administrator, Chip. He almost always responds to these types of threads, and he offers some of the best information out there.

#2 TJ, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh watch out, might be best to find a new psychologist then.

4. Simple Thoughts

It's already been said. You need a new psychologist. This one is reinforcing a negative and false belief that you can chose your sexuality. It's horribly unprofessional and very much unethical. For shame.

Don't be ashamed of who you are. You are a wonderful person, and no matter who you are. Gay, straight, bi, pan, demi, trans, ect...you are a special and amazing person. Just be confident in who you are, don't let other people try to change you.

5. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First: therapists are there to listen not tell you what you're feeling is wrong it takes away from the whole therapeutic part of therapy the part that triggers an area in your brain that deals with emotions
    Second: find a therapist that makes you feel good I've been through 4 before finding one I've been talking to for a year now