1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey all, well im done obsessing bout my sexuality but...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paranoidkid, Mar 7, 2014.

1. paranoidkid

Well im doen obsessing about my sexuality...im a straight man. Anyways even though that is done. Now im obsessing i dont love my gf. Why? well, I found a girl attractive and was like "omg what if that means I dont love my gf" and now Im obsessing because I find all these girls attractive and its causing me loads of distress. Funny huh? I go from obsessing im attracted to guys, to obsessing about how im attracted to all these girls and dont live my gf. OCD is crazy in the ways it works. but i thought I would update u all! No more sexuality problems. Thank you all for your help!

2. anon12

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    yo man - what did you do to beat it? i think what your going through is common amongst OCDers..once one obsession is crippled, they take on a new one. but what really made you realize what your try identity was ?

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe ur just a horny person with no sexuality ? i got tht way 2 b4 i figured out i am str8

4. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey man, glad you've overcome that particular beast!

So onto this particular beast. As I'm sure you know really, just finding one girl attractive doesn't mean you don't love your gf. All it means is that you have eyes! If I was to fall in love with someone, it wouldn't be like I wouldn't be able to admit that anyone else was attractive. Remember that the only indicator of whether you love your gf, is your relationship with your gf. Appreciating other girls (which is perfectly normal, most people do it) has nothing to do with it, the only thing that should indicate whether you love her is what your feelings towards her are.

:eusa_thin That's what I've got for now, though it probably isn't too helpful. Anyways might check back in when I've got something better than that...

5. paranoidkid

It just kind of died out, and my obsessions went else where. Also had a good support system of friends of lgbt ppl yo work with me through things and eventually some ppl broke through to me totally...Anyways most of it was just me getting tired of the obsession and getting hooked on other obdessions! Of course it sucks I never really did something to defeat it. But if your obsessing about sexuality all u can do is ride it out just like any other obsession.

6. paranoidkid

Thanks sam the man!! U still are the man! Haha u helped me here a lot dude lol...Anyways yeah ik man it sucks obsessing but wjat can ya do! Coping is becoming easier but my obsessions still come with a huge Punch. Anyways yeah i tried "feeling" love after I obsessed about this and when u look for it u don't find it...Therefore it gave me more anxiety.

Calmed down now tho after being with the girl and realizing I do love her! But ocd has its punch come back every single day! It's always a battle! If u need any help with stuff u may he obsessing about since we all do obsess at times, just contact me. I have many coping strategies now! Should be able to help u out of a rut!!! Good day sam!

7. paranoidkid

Btw I also take about 10 mg of AD...but I feel nothing from it...prob just more of a placebo for me...I still obsess the same amount and get depressed

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tols your psychiatrist this? Maybe you need a change of medication.