1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you figure out you are lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Reflection, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Reflection

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just want to know people's moments when they realized they were for sure a lesbian.

2. paranoidkid

They kind of just always knew. I'm not a lesbian, nor a girl. but I like girls. It's just a natural part to them. Like you know how you are attracted to whoever you are attracted too? It's just natural....you see and you wanna do

3. Reflection

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah but I mean I guess I was more so asking when did they stop questioning their sexuality. So directed towards people who struggled with their sexuality.

4. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I could stop questioning my sexuality, the more I explore my options the more the signs point towards women. Women are just so soft, and beautiful. I guess if we are questioning our sexuality there has to be a reason, right?

5. Yosia

Im a boy who like boys so its the opposite side XD

But i just had a day where i had a crush on a boy and i thought this isnt right but it developed from there and now i dont pay attention to you smelly girls!! :wink:

6. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey know, us smelly girls smell purttyyy (haha knew you were joking)
    But when it comes to attraction does not matter what our gender is, just matters if we accept and love ourselves.

7. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew that I was much closer to lesbian when I was paying way more attention to girls than guys. When I like a girl, I start attaching fully and wanting to be around them all the time. Guys, I can like them, but I don't really attach in the same way. I feel more for them as a good friend and when they bring up anything more I get uncomfortable. I only want them as a friend, nothing more, nothing less.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a very slow process. I didn't actually figure it out until I had come out to a friend as bisexual. When I did realize, I simply realized I had no interests in boys, and that my past feelings for boys were fake and not nearly as strong as my attraction to girls. I didn't even know what 'being gay' was until middle school, and so heterosexuality was like something I learned. Once I realized I could be interested in girls, I realized I was, and the feelings got stronger over the years until I couldn't deny it any longer.

9. thekillingmoon

It was a long process of self-discovery. At first I found that I was curious about the same sex, so I thought I should be open to it. Eventually I realized I wanted to date a girl, at that point I started identifying as bisexual. Over time I realized I wasn't interested in dating guys, only women, but I didn't immediately call myself a lesbian. I suspected it, I just didn't want to put a label on myself. It wasn't until a few years ago that I actually started thinking of myself as one. And then I fell in love with a woman and that confirmed it yet again. I think I was happiest when I was with her.

10. Daniel003

I always knew i wasnt straight but eventually i realised that i didnt feel anything towards guys thats how i knew but i think i question it every so often still

11. Laelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I always suspected, but the thing is, I'm REALLY SERIOUSLY picky. So, basically, the number of times I've fallen in love with a woman or been attracted to one has been so few and far between that I was able to brush it off and offer an excuse, e.g., "oh, it's because she's nice," or "because she's smart," or (insert other excuse). Until this year! I met another woman and fell instantly and undeniably in love with her. So much so that I couldn't even process the conversation I was having with her. That's when I KNEW it wasn't a passing thing. I was like, "f" it, it is what it is!!

12. Reflection

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

That's exactly how I am feeling. I started noticing that when I go out I am more interested in the girls than guys in the bar. Also the whole attachment with girls and not guys. But when I tell straight people that they always says its just easier to connect with a girl and doesn't make me lesbian. They don't get it.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I used to be really into guys when I was younger, but I don't know if that was genuine or just something that I felt pressured into fitting into. All I know is that identifying as straight made me a miserable person. I wasn't really that into guys anyway, and the pressures of heteronormative roles got to me as a "straight" person. "You can only look this way, you can only act this way, you have to fit in the feminine role, you can only have sex in one limited way", etc. It felt like I couldn't be me and even being interested in guys felt so oppressive.

But it may not felt that way if I was ACTUALLY straight. All I know was it was a confusing time, and it made me start to feel more and more attracted and interested in girls all together.

14. BelleFromHell

It was pretty much obvious to me all my life that I didn't like men or their dicks, but I didn't start to notice sexual and romantic attraction towards other women and took it seriously until I was 16.

15. treespoon

I've never really liked the idea of guys on a sexual level, and I only had one crush basically in my whole life. I thought it was normal, but when my friends talked about guys it was different. Then I found youtubers and communities like EC that helped me figure out this part of me. Last year I started to think of my best friend as more than a friend, and it hit me when we were doing a project together that I really wanted to kiss her. Falling asleep beside her at sleepovers felt different than my other friends, and when we pretended we were a couple I longed for it to be real. So I realized when my feelings for her blossomed, I suppose.

16. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I knew I liked girls when me and my friend were in pre k,we played house and really liked the other back then,then in middle school I started to find certain girls attractive and now I realise back then I wanted to date them and be like them (has to do with me being trans).after I got into high school I started to worry about what girls thought of me and would any date someone like me and it really bothered me thinking about not being attractive to other females

17. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I did the same exact thing. My friends would ask me if there was a guy I liked and I would pick a random guy just so they would leave me alone. Or if I did crush on guys they would not stick. Girls, they'd last a lot longer, including celebrity female crushes. That's how I knew my attraction to girls is much much stronger.

18. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I knew when I was a kid and I started writing love letters to girls.

Stared at them in class in junior high and couldn't pay attention to the teacher. Unless the teacher was prettier than the girls in class.

And then when I learned how to masturbate I thought about girls.

But I guess it didn't really hit me undeniably until I fell so far in crazy awful love with a girl at age fourteen that I ended up sure I was a lesbian.

But...I'm not. Turns out I'm bi. Go figure. I was almost sure.

19. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I kept looking at the other cheerleaders while we were changing in the change rooms, and the fact that we would all practice making out and touching each other didn't help the cause. Although I guess I did think of other girls when I was younger but I didn't think about it too seriously.

20. ellis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been questioning on and off for the last 6 years, dated guys, etc. I just knew something was different and things were not quite right yet. Something clicked about it about two months ago, I'm not really sure what it was, but I just realized/accepted it all of a sudden and it made me really happy. People say not to focus on labels and I couldn't for the past however many years, but something changed and I feel like it clicked, I'm so sure. I guess it's different for everyone, I would say be open minded and time will tell.. I wish I had been more open minded and not taken passive homophobic comments to heart

Less seriously though, overtime I noticed myself checking girls out in passing, feeling like I was watching girls too closely in movies (afraid someone would notice), having "crushes" on slightly older girls that went beyond idolization.