1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Abe99, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Abe99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey. I'm 15 years old, and I'm a bit confused about my sexuality.

When I was about 13 or so it began to be clear that I definitely wasn't straight. As time went on it started to seem more like I was gay. I had/still have a bit of a crush on a boy I know. What's weird here is it looks like I'm physically and romantically attracted to guys, and romantically attracted (maybe not as much?) to girls.

I also had kind of a crush on a girl once (not nearly as big as the one on the guy..) but that eased off a bit, and it seemed like it was just a romantic attraction to start out with.

So...I guess my question is is it possible to be romantically attracted to both genders but only physically attracted to one? :confused:

I'm still pretty young, but I just which I knew which one it is - bisexual or gay. I think I'm probably gay, but I just can't be sure.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. StephenSC

Hello mate.

Firstly, try not force a label upon yourself, it can often do more harm then good in your growth. You'll have plenty of time to explore and gain a better understanding of yourself, don't feel rushed into it, take your time. Chances are in time your thoughts and feelings may change with understanding and experience. (Though they may not either. None is this stuff is set in stone)

Sadly sexuality and the terms surrounding it can be difficult to describe and define, but I will try my best to offer you some clarity. Hetrosexual (straight), Bisexual (bi) and Homosexual (gay) are "sexual" terms, they should be used to define our sexual/physical attraction. However they are commonly used to define much more: An attraction that is romantic, emotional and sexual. There are also Hetroromantic, Biromantic and Homoromantic titles, which as you can likely guess by the "romantic" are used to define with whom we have a romantic/emotional attraction to.

So in regards to your question - Yes. In your case you could be a Bi-Romantic Homosexual. That is, attracted romantically to guys and girls and sexual just to guys.

Some peoples definition of these terms (as well as their understanding) can vary a lot, the important thing is to find something YOU feel comfortable with. It's your "title" after all. = )

I hope that helps a little, ask away if you need anything else.

3. Abe99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks. :slight_smile: That helped me out a lot. It's been pretty confusing so far as it seems to change, in that at times I'm not romantically attracted to girls and other times I am, but I really think I might be a Bi-Romantic Homosexual like you said. Pretty sure now that I'm not Bisexual, but then again I may be.
    Again thanks for the detailed response, it helped me out a lot. :slight_smile: