1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future family

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jlathan15, Mar 10, 2014.

1. jlathan15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello guys, I am currently 16 years old and gay. Recently, I have thought about my future (orthopedic surgeon) and I have always dreamed of having children and a husband, but I kinda get scared that I might never find "The one". I know it sound strange but its true, I feel that I may never actually find someone who love and cares for me and it makes me nervous, can anyone relate?

2. Envira

I get it. It seems impossible that you'll find the one in 7 billion people, but you'll get there. We all will.

3. StephenSC

I can relate. I'm 27, not to sure about my sexuality (yet) and I have the same fear. I don't want to be alone, I want to find my perfect someone as well and get scared it will not happen at times. Despite these fears one thing I keep coming back to is hope. Never lose hope.

Also remember you don't need other people (or a relationship) to be happy, try not worry about finding "the one" to much he is out there and you will find him when the time is right. In the meantime enjoy your life, be a happy, productive and "together" person. (He'll love seeing that in you to!)

On a side note, to hear someone so young and so sure of themselves and the future is an amazing thing. I've very happy and proud to see it. Good on you!

4. Bran

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds amazing - I guess we all want some version of that but don't worry about it too much. Also, I think it's great you already know what you want to do with your life i.e. be an orthopaedic surgeon but don't fixate on the idea of it because you may wake up one day and realize that you should be a writer, or a sculptor or something completely different from what you thought you might be because as you grow so will your interests expand.. :wink:

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We all have those fears....I felt that way many years ago, although at the time, the thought of a gay man having a family was pretty much unattainable and I ended up in a straight marriage. Things are much different today - and you are so young! When you least expect it, someone will show up who will be perfect for you, if you're open to the possibility. If you already have a career in mind, you're pretty together! You'll do fine.

#5 Choirboy, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. ornoir29

Remember that it's the same for straight people. If you look at the percentages, they have more chances than us. But that's on paper, I guess that for them the quest is just as hard. The big difference lies in the fact that society puts a lot of pressure on them, there are places in the world where if you don't have a spouse and children you are nothing.