1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know sexuality because of inexperience!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Csteg, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Csteg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How can you know what sexual orientation you are if you've never done anything? I've had very little luck in the romance department. I'm a virgin - the farthest I've gone is kissing a couple guys. I've never had a partner. In my own head, I'll think "Yeah, kissing and sex sounds great! I can't wait till it happens to me!" but once I'm in the situation, I freeze up. It happened with the last boy I kissed and I was insanely nervous.
    I believe I could be interested in girls and even genderqueer people, but I've had no opportunities to experiment with this so I can't really label myself. Who knows, if I'm ever with a girl or enby, I could be completely turned off in the moment.
    I've been wondering about my sexuality for quite some time. I find men more attractive, but that hasn't stopped me from finding women or genderqueer people appealing as well. I'm just so inexperienced. Help!

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everyone's sexual orientation can be found out by doing something with a desired gender. Sometimes it is found out by the things we don't do or the things we think about but don't pursue. For example, when I was processing my sexual orientation, one of the components that I considered was: "If I settled down and got married, what gender would I want to be with" so I closed my eyes and tried to imagine a girl but it would just could not be done.
    I'm just gonna go off of what you put down here lol. You wrote that kissing and sex sounds great! With whom does it sound great with? Honestly, the answer to that question will 99.9% dictate your sexual orientation.

Really hopes this help. :slight_smile:

3. Csteg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, this does help me! It was really interesting about the perspective in marriage. Really, I see myself marrying a man. Maybe that's because I've told myself I'm straight all my life, or that I'm too scared of all the homophobic reaction. Texas and family are tough...
    But as far as kissing and sex, I can see that with anybody. I at least want to try with a female or other identity just to be sure.