1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't tell if bisexual or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ema228, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've only been with boys. About last year I started developing crushes on girls and now I just want to have a girlfriend and be with girls. But sometimes I see a cute guy and think oh wow he's really cute and things like that, but the idea of doing anything sexual with a guy is ew. It used to be that I liked both, but as time goes by I just become more and more attracted to girls. I can't tell if I am bisexual or lesbian and I want to know because I feel there is a big difference and don't want to say I am one when I am actually the other.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My guess is that you're just now mentally transitioning from being straight to lesbian. For a lot of people, mentally accepting themselves as gay/lesbian takes a middle-step of being bisexual.
    I think you're probably emerging from that middle step and accepting yourself as a lesbian.

I'm like you - I can see a cute girl and be like, "Damn, she's cute," but there are no sexual desires there.
    There's nothing wrong with that. We, as youthful members of society, can tell what is attractive and what is not. The key bit of info is that you have no sexual desires for boys.

I would bargain a guess that you fit into the lesbian category. :wink: There's nothing unusual with what you're feeling.

3. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's also possible that you're bisexual and tipping more in one direction these days. Sometimes being bi means going through gay years and straight years. But you might also be a lesbian. Either way, just be yourself!

4. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both for replying, it genuinely helped me.

5. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For me, I didn't really consider myself bisexual but more open minded at first. Then I decided I was bisexual. Then I realized I am meant to be with a woman. I'm still hetero married and I still see good looking dudes but I have no desire to have a relationship with men. For me this transition in understanding occurred over about 15 years.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OP, don't sweat it. It could be a short transition, a long one, or it could teeter a little bit, rocking back and forth in some kind of blend zone. Do what feels right ... for you.

Maybe labels aren't where you need to be right now. Labels sometimes don't do justice to the complexity of what you are thinking and feeling. So, listen to and follow your instincts and there is no rush to make a decision or declaration, especially at your age, if there is still some transitioning just because everyone feels entitled to that one word answer - bisexual or lesbian. They are not entitled if you are not ready.

In the meantime, have fun and be safe.

7. newfish

This basically happened with me, although it was a little different because I was younger. Also, so glad to find out it's not just me. Sometimes I would wonder if my sexuality was real and I was actually at the middle step. Anyway, I can assure you this is normal. Maybe wait for this period to end, or at least seem to be over with, before figuring out which it is.

8. Aed09

I'm going through pretty much the same thing right now! Like, I've been with guys but I always felt more like a best friend than anything else. I just recently "realized" that I like girls and get that "more than a friend" feeling around some. Sorry I wasn't much help, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! (*hug*)

9. Karabeara

I now exactly how you feel. And it's kinda hard not knowing huh 'cause you just wanna say hey mom I'm gay but don't want it to be wrong and have to say oh wait I'm bisexual. I don't know which one you are since I'm in the same boat just wanted to say I get it.

10. Alexandra18

i'm going trough the same right now so i know how you feel, i have kind of accepted to myself that i'm definatly not straight, but i don't know if i only like women, or both..

11. lovely lesbian

At first I thought I was bi but I found that I didn't really like me much i mean I can look at a guy and think he is good looking but not enough to want a relationship with one I have always thought women were sexy and I'm ok with it

12. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't realize I was bisexual until after I sat down and realized that I was fluid at 23. I went through a guy phase, then a girl one, and then a mixed one, and it alternated throughout my teen years and early adult. Last three to four, it's been women and I'm realizing that I am much more closer to being into women than anything. My feelings towards guys don't get strong enough or stick. So most times I either identify as homoflexible or lesbian with exceptions. I'm also Demisexual as well.