1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uh, I'm super mega confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lalaloopy, Mar 11, 2014.

1. lalaloopy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, (I'm a girl BTW)
    So I'm in my last few years of high school and about a year ago I started to identify as bisexual, because I started to feel attracted to girls as well as guys. There's just one thing, I've sort of stopped being attracted to guys, like at all. I'm really confused, because I can see a guy and be like "woah, he's pretty hot", but I'll look at a girl and think "woah, she looks amazing I wonder what it would be like to be in a relationship with her". and also the idea of sleeping with a guy sort, of grosses me out, but the idea of sleeping with a girl seems kind of nice. I'm just a bit confused because I still think guys are good looking and stuff so I'm just kind of like am I bisexual or lesbian. I have no one to talk to about this so I thought I'd post it here.
    Thanks, Lala :icon_bigg

2. StephenSC

Hello. I'm glad you've taken the time to post here, you will have plenty of people to talk to now. (It's a great community) And hopefully some of them will be able to help you out.

The first thing I'd like to say to ANYONE in your situation is try not to stress to much about giving yourself a "label". (Personally I feel no simple label is ever enough to sum you up and trying to force yourself into a little box limits your growth.) Remember you are still young and will have plenty of time to discover yourself and explore these ideas in your your own time, do not feel rushed to so.

A lot of people will say that your sexuality is fluid and will slightly change over time as you do, which can often make finding a "label" difficult. Judging from what you've said I think sticking with an "on the fence" label like Bi-Sexual might be best until you have a better idea. As you are still attracted to guys it might not be wrong at this point in time either.

One last thing to consider, simple attraction to one gender doesn't mean you have any romantic or emotional connection so shouldn't always be considered (extremely) seriously! Focus more on who you want to form strong emotional bonds with when thinking about these things.
    (Though it's completely normal to be sexually attracted to multiple genders and romantically to one)